Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vertebrate Dog Dog breed Mammal Carnivore
So this is Cooper he’s 16 weeks old I’ve noticed he looks a lot taller then your typical beagle and was wondering if he looks all beagle or crossed his snout seems longer too he’s such a boisterous full of beans pup and we love him so much I was just curious what others think lol
Dog Carnivore Collar Comfort Fawn

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
If he's that big at 16 weeks I'm going to say mix for sure. He looks pretty hound-y to me, but I will admit to being wrong about these things (tee hee). I was wondering about some foxhound maybe?

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 42368 So this is Cooper he’s 16 weeks old I’ve noticed he looks a lot taller then your typical beagle and was wondering if he looks all beagle or crossed his snout seems longer too he’s such a boisterous full of beans pup and we love him so much I was just curious what others think lol View attachment 42369
He looks just like one of my past beagles who as a AKC Registered Beagle and was a bit tall for a 15 inch Beagle. There are 2 varieties of Beagles. Those 13" or less and those between 13" and 15" (for AKC titles). Those eyes!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
In England, beagles can be up to 17 inches tall. My son has a beagle that looks a lot like yours.
He is maybe 3 months old in this picture. He is a very large beagle (over 40 lbs.), but, is all beagle - both parents were AKC registered.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Liver Fawn

·
Registered
26 Posts
View attachment 42368 So this is Cooper he’s 16 weeks old I’ve noticed he looks a lot taller then your typical beagle and was wondering if he looks all beagle or crossed his snout seems longer too he’s such a boisterous full of beans pup and we love him so much I was just curious what others think lol View attachment 42369
Beautiful Dog! I would say American Foxhound or English Foxhound.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’m not an expert, but from my experience beagles come in all different shapes and sizes. I ask myself a lot too whether such and such beagle I see is actually a pure bred, and usually the answer I get is yes. They say beagles are one of the healthiest pure-breeds, and I wonder if it’s because of this variety. Super cute dog by the way.

·
Registered
Nash
16 Posts
Dog Furniture Comfort Working animal Dog breed
Dog Dog breed Comfort Mammal Carnivore
My guy is 50lbs at 1 year old and much bigger than a pure bred and looked a very similar size to yours at 16 weeks. We were told he was a pocket beagle. 🤣

1 - 9 of 9 Posts