Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Beagle is 4 years old - he has always been fiesty
and snappy, but bearable and he never bit anybody - it was very cute and forgivable until recently, we cant touch
him, if we do he starts to shake. He pees in the house
now even if the door is open - this is all very strange to us
as we do not hit him, he sleeps with us on the bed - he
gets alot alot alot of attention and we take him out for walks
and he has a older sister that he adores and adores him.

He attacked my fiance the other day and bit him in two places quiet seriously when we tried to coax him from under the bed to outside. In the morning he jumps off the bed and goes under the bed and thats it - he is aggressive, you cant call him or do anything cause we are afraid he is going to bite us - we have even considered putting a muzzle on him.
and a friend told us we must consider taking his manhood.

The strange thing is with strangers he is fine?

What should i do, as he is no longer pleasurable to have - he just growls all the time - ALL THE TIME - its like a demon dog.

PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah ill definately take him to the vet, me and my fiance have been together for 10 years, we dont really fight either and we havent moved house since we've had him, so i doubt its that, do you think maybe because he is a male his leader of the pack instincts have kicked into hyper drive and the fact that he practically owns us doesnt help either?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Dogs are way to good at hiding pain and problems. Please get him to a vet! Hiding under a bed, trembling when touched, these all suggest a dog who is hurting! His growling and biting may be his way of saying "please don't make it hurt more"

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
With such a drastic change in personality, I'd get an immediate vet check also!

Please let us know what you find out.....GOOD LUCK.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks - we decided to make a vets appointment the same day, but when we got home, his attitude was different, we took him anyway and he was fine, however i think he probably had a ear infection or some stomach aches, which obviously went away, because his attitude changed so suddenly.

We have also tried to be more pack leaders, making him more submissive - i must admit its quiet hectic, as he is king of the castle.

Thanks for all the help and next time i will take him immediately to the vet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts