Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadie has been getting up at 4 or 5 a.m. several days this week to throw up. Just a liquidy stuff (sorry). And several days during the week during the day we will find a throw up here and there on the carpet. Friday morning she did it again, and threw up. I just happened to be watching her and noticed something in it. It was a small piece of plastic. I got it with a papertowel and washed it off to identify it. It is a piece off the bubble card where you punch out a Benydryl pill. I had given them Bendryl a while back and I cut the pill out because I can't seem to ever get the pill to come out easy. It had sharp edges. I called her vet and they asked questions. She is acting fine, eating and pooping fine except for these throw up incidents. They said to give her Pepto Bismal and watch her for a few days. No throw up today. Pooh Bear threw up yesterday, all of his food. He takes an anti-inflamatory pill and I wonder if it is bothering his tummy. Anyway, just wanted for you to all remind me what to feed for upset tummies?

cooked rice
boiled chicken
Pumpkin (but I doubt they would eat that

They both have appetites and are acting normal. Pooh Bear just went outside and ate some grass but didn't throw up.

thanks all

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Li'l Girl had a throwing up episode a couple of weeks ago. I fed her rice and boiled chicken for a couple of days, then for another day or so, I fed her some of Spook's food for sensitive digestive systems. She's back on her regular food now, and doing fine.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Rice and Chicken is what I use for upset tummies; If the upset tummy is especially bad, I begin with JUST rice made in chicken broth (no meat) and gradually add meat as the upset tummy gets better.

I'm hoping Sadie is feeling better already. Sending get well hugs for her......

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
We had a vomiting incident with Duke this week and he's been on a rice and chicken diet since Thursday and hasn't thrown up since. This is the diet the vet put him on both times he went in for tummy upset. I'll add some of his food to the mix tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
If the chicken and rice diet doesn't settle his stomach, you might want to ask your vet about Hill's Prescription i/d. My previous beagle Molly was on that for 3-4 days one time when she had a bout of throwing up.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Boiled chicken and rice and cottage cheese. As to pumpkin, these guys love it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts