Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

My husband and I are trying to find a companion for our 3 year old beagle, Wyatt. We have been considering rescue but a friend in our neighborhood just got a pup from a local breeder. She told us that there was a male puppy left that had been taken but then returned to the owner. We are going to a breeder tomorrow night but are wondering if we should bring Wyatt along. I am not sure we will even take the new pup and I'd hate to go over there, get Wyatt all worked up, and not see the true disposition of the new pup. What advice do you have on having your "old" baby meet the "new" baby?

Thanks in advance! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
439 Posts
how old is the new pup? if hes young enough, it honestly wont matter if erp is there or not. but if ya just want to see how he acts around the pup, see if you can bring the pup home for an evening. wyatt's true colors wont surface til the pup is on his grounds anyways.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Well, I can't wait to hear......

did the pup turn on that ol' beagle charm and find a new home? :rolleye11:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AHHHHH!!!!

I forgot how absolutely adorable beagle puppies are, especially "in real life." My hubby and I are debating on what we are going to do about the new pup. I would love to take him home, but I'm concerned about Wyatt. He is truly my baby and I hate the thought of his feelings being hurt if we brought in a new pup. I know that sounds juvenile, but I can't help it. He's my baby! Does any one have any advice on bringing in a new dog? Should I worry about Wyatt's feelings or will he simply be happy to have a companion. I want to make sure to be completely fair to both dogs, but I'm seriously worried that I might favor Wyatt over the new guy. HELP!!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts