Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Adorable Little Bette Beagle!

Hi, folks! Denise, a/k/a Gingergoose, has asked me to posted about an adorable beagle named Little Bette Beagle who will be available for adoption just after February 1st. She was rescued by the same wonderful person, Rocky Gates, who took in Miss Frances (who has a new home) and Denise's pups, Yodel and Henry. If you are interested in having Little Bette Beagle join your family, you can contact Rocky at [email protected] . This beagle is currently in Louisiana but transport up the east coast is a possibility. Here is a little bit about her and her pictures:

Quote:Little Bette Beagle is very sweet... (aren't all beagles!). She is a little girl at only 16 pounds. Of course, she is HW positive and will begin treatment next week. The vet says she is approximately 4 years old. She is a little timid but only after two days comes when I call her. She gets along great with all the other dogs. She will be ready for a new home just after the first of February.

Attachments

·
Registered
865 Posts
Re: Adorable Little Bette Beagle!

She is such a pretty girl! I bet she finds a forever home quickly!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

She's a cutie. It's a shame so many are HW positive when they go to rescues.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts

Hi Beagletails,

Actually, the beagle rescue wouldn't accept Bette Beagle because she has heartworms. It was the same with my Yodel. Rocky runs a small dog rescue in Louisiana and typically doesn't take in beagles because they are so hard for her to adopt out. At least down there.

So Rocky took Bette in and will have her treated and hopefully find her a good home. Of the three beagles that Rocky has taken in in recent years, I adopted two of them and another BW'er here in southwest Virginia adopted the other.

Pass little Bette Beagle's info and picture around and wish her luck in finding her forever home.

And thanks, Judy for helping me to post this. You are so awesome!

~Denise

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

I'd love to pass on the word, but being out near the west coast I don't know that they would transport out this far.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts

Hi Donna!

If Rocky feels good about a home, she is willing to fly dogs out if the new home will pay the expense.

So, if you can think of any outstanding people who might be interested in Bette Beagle, by all means, pass it on! And thanks!

Denise

·
Registered
650 Posts

I hope Bette finds a home soon! I'll e-mail Rocky to let him know that I can help transport her if needed. Sadly, there are a lot of Beagles in need of homes here. I'm in the process of rebuilding the dogs' play area outside so that I can take in one more...

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

She is such a cutie, I would have loved to take her as a sister to Chloe... I wish I had the room (and money) for another one, she would fit perfectly with Chloe with that size and cuteness

·
Registered
865 Posts

Awwww...I would have thought with that sweet face Little Bette Beagle would have found a home. Any updates on how she is doing? I wish I could take her. With one husband, one son, another son on the way and two male beagles, I could sure use a little girl in the house!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts

Hi Sephly!

Bette has already been treated for heartworm. So hopefully, that will not deter anybody interested in adopting her.

~Denise

·
Registered
58 Posts

I wish we could take her, she looks just like our Bella. But then I wish I could help out and rescue EVERY beagle I see that needs something.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts