Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Fin's AA is coming up June 20 and I have been trying to figure out what to do for him. Seeing as we no longer visit the "dog park", I need some other fun activity for him. I was thinking of a hike or something in the woods, he likes exploring. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what they did for their pets? Also I wanted to bake him a cake and I know I've seen recipes on here, if someone could send me info I'd greatly appreciate it.

On a side note I cannot believe it has already been 1 year since I had this little guy in my life and he's so amazing. Before getting him I was all about Labradors or Retrievers, and now I can safely say I'm addicted to beagles!!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
First, Happy Adoption Anniversary to you Fin! For Jersey's birthday I've ordered lots of toys for her, I'll be getting a cake from the local dog bakery, she'll get some home made dog treats, a trip to the dog park (I know that's not an option after poor Fin's last trip), and some sort of special dinner, I just don't know what yet. One day we'll go to the dog beach too. Does he have any other doggy friends you could do a meet up with? Just at someones house instead of a park. I'm sure that whatever you decide to do, it will be great. Fin will be happy just to be with you!

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
I hope this doesn't sound self serving.....but I like to enjoy my dogs' adoption days as much as they do.....

so, I go out to eat at my favorite restaurant with friends or family. We enjoy nice dinners (usually steak)....everybody contributes part of their meal to the doggie-bag. WE order dessert, and raise a toast.

When I return home, bearing their dinner, we all dance and sing together, share some kisses.....and I tell them all about their party.

Everybody's happy. :thumbup:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help, so far I was planning on taking him to Petsmart and letting him pick out his toys. Which could prove detrimental to my wallet, but he's a special boy and deserves it. I like the idea of indulging myself too, so maybe I'll get a mani-pedi or something else fun like that. I will definitely be baking him a cake! I have a few friends who have dogs so maybe I will just take him over there for a playdate. Anyways thanks again and I will make sure to post the pictures of his special day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts