Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen you guys suggest adding canned pumpkin to dry food a few times to increase fiber. I want to start doing this so that I can hopefully express Squeegee's anal glands less... we're having to do it at least every other week, sometimes more. My question is how much pumpkin do you add and are there any other unwanted effects?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Hi Vicki, I use to put a tablespoon or little less in and mush it around. Try it once a day to start with and see how it works.
Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I add pumpkin to Maggie's food occasionally just for variety. I put in a tablespoon or two. Maybe start with a tablespoon and then increase if you decide you need more. I like it because it doesn't have a lot of calories but gives her a little more to eat.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yep. A tablespoon or so mixed with the kibble, and a splash of water to make it a little less sticky.
Sadie loves it!
Make sure you get plain canned pumpkin and not pie filling.

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
I just throw in about a tablespoon. I usually put the kibble in the bowl, swirl it with some warm water and then add a plop of pumpkin. Works great if they have loose stool or diarrhea too. Molly was on meds that were giving her D, so I made her rice and pumpkin for dinner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts