Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hubby and i have been talking about fostering a beagle from a beagle rescue.hubby does not want a second dog because he says homer is enough for him to handle right now.homer is a wonderful dog and he is hubby's lil buddy-wherever hubby is,homer is.i'm not sure if home is showing signs of SA or not.we are home with him most of the time-except for when we go shopping ect.he is crated when we leave and gram who is home says she never hears him whining so all seems well there.but anytime he is out of the crate he is constantly at our feet.he will jump up from a dead sleep(even if in the other room in his crate) if he hears one of us get up from the couch and follow us to wherever.he hates closed does and will scratch at them,whine and eventually start to howl if not opened up(all in about 2 mins).if we go outside for a few mins and leave hin in the house he gets upset too.this drives hubby crazy and is the main reason he doesn't want another dog.my thought is that maybe if we had another dog homer would not be so attached to us with a playmate/sibling and break this habit(besides the more beagles the better i think!)he has agreed to foster a beagle first and see how things go from there.do you think this would help homer at all or is there some other method to try?we tried ignoring him but he soesn't care-he doesn't jump at us or anything,just walks next to us.i know it doesn't sound like a big deal but it gets annoying all day,day after day.so i figured fostering a beagle would be a great trial run about having another dog in the house.hubby is commited to fostering until he/she is placed as long as they are fixed,housebroken and crate trained.so what are your thoughts about this?

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
I would suggest fostering an adult, female beagle from a rescue centre. I hope that once she has been in the house your hubby wont want to part with her!! Homer is more likely to accept one of the opposite sex and an older beagle is more likely to be calm.
Cant say whether it will cure Homer of his habits but its worth a try.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well we submitted out application and got turned down.we live to far away and they don't have a vet in our area that will work with them on prices.i am so upset,i was so looking forward to having another beagle in the house but i guess it just wasn't meant to be right now.the only other beagle rescue is even further away and i doubt we could do it there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts