Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ImageUploadedByPG Free1406488354.397262.jpg

Well folks I found my coonhound. My heart has been broken ever since the death of my b/t coonhound Banjo. While she will never replace him it is so wonderful seeing another one in the house. It's also fun to see the identical mannerisms she has that he had. I haven't had a name jump out at me yet. So any suggestions are welcome. But I'm thinking of Agatha(Aggie) or Adele

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Oh Susanne! She's gorgeous. What's her back story?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Jan she was found as a stray last month. I happened to see her posting in the lost/found. I emailed the finder and told them if they couldn't find her rightful owner and if they couldn't keep her to email me. Well he never responded. A few days ago a friend emailed to tell me she noticed her up for sale. Well I promptly responded and finally picked her up today. She is amazing. I've got her signed up for class already. I think she's going to be a pro in no time.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
I am so happy for both of you. It's awesome to see that she has fallen into such good hands.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Yes she is and I can't wait to see pictures of ALL the doggies together.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Did you pick a name yet? If not, here's my list....
Abilene
Allimay
Aubrey
Camellia
Cordelia
Delilah
Emma
Jesslyn
Shelby
Tessa

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Her official is "The Sweetest Taboo" but her everyday name is Boo.
So what do you think ?????

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Boo is very cute. I'm gonna call her Honey Boo Boo. Did you see the shelter boy I posted? Boo needs a boyfriend.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Boo is very cute. I'm gonna call her Honey Boo Boo. Did you see the shelter boy I posted? Boo needs a boyfriend.

Well Boo is cuddled up next to me with her head across my lap. Right now I wouldn't change a thing.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
I hope realize that we will require more pictures. MANY more pictures.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well little update on Boo. First, friend pointed out that I should have her official name as "my sweet Babboo". I agree since it is a reference to Peanuts. Sally always called Linus her sweet Babboo. I like it. Anyhow, Boo doesn't have heartworm(yaaaaa) but has all the others that dogs get. She is missing a complete toenail(we knew but it's still sad) and has a uti. Then she's either in false pregnancy or is pregnant. Vet doesn't think she is pregnant but she is slated to be spayed next week. Sort of good news I suppose. I'm praying she's not pregnant because I would feel bad in a way. The man that found her never had her checked for a microchip so I'm taking her to the local animal shelter tomorrow to check for a chip. I am being totally honest but I pray there isn't one. She's such a awesome dog. But if there is one, I will sadly do the right thing.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Glad there are no HWs. Sorry the poor girl has so much on her plate - other parasites, the nail, the UTI and pregnancy (false or otherwise.) If she is pregnant, don't feel badly doing the spay. We had a tiny dog in rescue who was pregnant and HW+. She could not have survived the pregnancy. I know Boo isn't HW+, but she has enough other health issues to take care of. Her health is most important, at the moment. It is the best thing for her.

Bless your heart for checking for the microchip. I can't believe the guy who found her didn't do that. I really hope you get to keep her. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Any updates on Boo? Is she a keeper? I sure hope so.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Any updates on Boo? Is she a keeper? I sure hope so.

My work hours and the Humane Society hours have not been able to get together. Looks like I have a date with them tomorrow. It's been a mess lately. Boo is doing AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!! She is a super dog.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
I'll be standing by. Give Boo a big hug for me!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts