Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and the wifey are relatively laidback people, preferring a good snuggle, as opposed to active running around. Well, lately Luigi has taken to sleeping alot as opposed to playing actively. He especially prefers to cuddle with us. Is he just adapting to us? he recently had a stool sample come back all clear, so it's not a health thing.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I can't answer for anyone else, but my dogs will all snuggle all night and all day if I'm sick or something. Even the puppies will stick with me. I believe (tho I'm not an expert by any means) that he's just adapting to your lifestyle. Don't knock it - as long as he's healthy I wouldn't worry. If there were any other symptoms - like not eating, problems with stools, etc., I might worry - but as long as he's just feeling cuddly, and doesn't exhibt other symptoms, I wouldn't worry.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Yeah, Chloe will snuggle up with me any chance she gets. If I'm active, she will be active with me, and if I'm lazy and at home doing nothing, she will do nothing with me.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Yes, they do adapt to our lifestyles. Jersey loves to cuddle, but she's also totally willing to go out walking and playing if that's on the agenda. It could also be your little Luigi is just growing up.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Henry is the same way. I had pink eye a few months ago in both eyes, and I consoled myself with the thought that Henry and I could get lots of walkies and playtime in while I was out of school and work. Well, lo and behold, it rained torrentially for two days. I expected him to be wound up about it, but he was totally chilled out the whole time. It was neat. He goes with the flow, as long as I'm around.

·
Registered
667 Posts
A Snuggling Beagle is a Happy Beagle..

..your pup looks really young...how old is Luigi?

If as young as I see in the pics you have to make sure he gets the activity that he needs, but when you sleep, he sleeps, your freeking lucky....if he is as young as he looks in the pics...it wont last for long.

Marbles was totally into the sleeping thing until recently, I should post about it, b/c my FI sleeps at night, I sleep daytime, and Marbles is now waking me up after a few hours of sleep....

Manda

1 - 6 of 6 Posts