Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you know, Polly turned 1 year last week, and had been potty-trained for about 3 months. Then she got allergies, and the vet gave her a shot and put her on meds.

She is no longer chewing up her paws, but is now peeing inside. Yesterday, she had 3 accidents, plus one at 1am this morning in my bed. :angryfire:

Then, to make it worse, I put her outside to finish up, and she found a rabbit. :animal18: She refused to come in for 2 hours!!!!!!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

So I called the vet, and her shot was cortisone, so she drinking more. I don't like this new vet. The tech said "you either get an itchy dog or a peeing dog".
I'm not sure I like either of those choices.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I don't think the "dog options" is the problem.
I wouldn't appreciate an answer like that from the vet or his employees! :angry:
Very rude, I wouldn't call that a service!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
TM,
First, if you don't like the service at the vet you are going to, go somewhere else.

Next, the med is most likely prednizone. Sorry, but what the tech said is true. The pred helps stop the itch, but makes them very thirsty, hence they will need to go pee often. I know this from personal experiences.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Maybe the tech has answered the question a thousand times, but it is the first time for you! You are trying to do the best that you can for your Beagle and you do not need flip answers. If we knew all the answers we would not need their services. Sounds like a little attitude adjustment is in order. Reminds me of when my Daisy (many years ago) would suddenly just pass out or faint. The tech said maybe she was just tired or sleepy. She had cancer that had migrated to the brain! A solution to work with you would of been much more helpful. :angry:

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I definitely think we will be switching vets. We moved 2 years ago and had still been traveling 20 miles to our old vet--we switched this month when Georgia hurt her foot, and now this Polly thing...I think we will be switching again.
In rural areas like this, it's not always easy to find a good pet vet--they are more interested in large animals.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Yup, those cordisone shots will make them drink lots of water and have to go pee often. It doesn't last but a few days though. Unless she was put on the pills. If they put her on prednisone pills she would have to drink a lot and pee often as long as she was on the meds.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Murphy & Summer's Dad:
TM,
First, if you don't like the service at the vet you are going to, go somewhere else.

Next, the med is most likely prednizone. Sorry, but what the tech said is true. The pred helps stop the itch, but makes them very thirsty, hence they will need to go pee often. I know this from personal experiences.
me too ....Scooby (65 lb boy) was on prednisone for the last 3 weeks. I haven't had to get up in the middle of the night is a long time but when you gotta go, you gotta go ....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts