Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do your beagles lick the stuffing inside a kong or suck it out?

Lately, I've noticed that Boeing not only licks the PB or yogurt stuffing but also makes little sucking sounds. Instead of taking about nearly half an hour as usual to lick the toy clean, he now finishes it in less than ten minutes /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Hi Boeings Mom... Do you freeze the Kong? I always freeze Maggie's Kong. I have several. I fill them and put each one in a zip lock bag. Some are filled with meat and veggies. I give those to her while we eat dinner and I reduce her regular dinner by that ammount because she tends to gain weight. The others have lower calorie stuff like pumpkin, non fat cream cheese and yogurt or cooked veggies. Sometimes she gets those when I need her busy for a few minutes. It takes her about 30 minutes to unstuff a frozen Kong. She chews on it for about 20 minutes and then when there is only a little left in the bottom, she starts picking it up and throwing as hard as she can on the floor. Eventually whatever is left in the bottom pops out.
Connie

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I have 3 kongs for Chloe. I stuff them and freeze so that it takes her longer to get the stuffing out. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
The funny thing is that when she can't reach the end, she starts chewing the narrower part of the kong and than slams it to the floor, all of what was klogged is falling out and she eats it.... the neighbor on the floor below doesn't like that too much /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif (but who cares?)...

I never heard sucking noises though... :conf6:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Connie, I freeze the kong but the weather here doesn't let it stay frozen for long once I take it out and give to Boeing. The stuffing, whatever it is, turns gooey in a few minutes, making it so much easier for him to lick it clean in no time. I have 3 kongs in different shapes for ulternate use and sometimes I stuff them with carrot sticks, low-fat string cheese, and dog biscuits. I have yet to try the pumpkin (also his favorite).

Eleanor, those sucking noises sound very, very cute /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Charlie would throw it onto the floor too, but if he still can't get it out he'll drop the kong onto my feet. And I should know(I found it out by coincidence), crush it with my foot or scoop it out for him. :thinker:
Sucking, never heard him do that.
Boeing is so smart!

Rhoda

1 - 9 of 9 Posts