Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little while ago my four year old opened the garage door (after I told her not to..she was suppose to wait for me) and Abby, usually too well behaved or scared to make a run for it (we usually tell her stay when we're openig the door and she does) decided she was going to run away today.

I'm very worried. I took Ashleigh and went looking for her but she is nowhere to be found though I do hear dogs barking in the distance...we have woods all around our neighborhood.

I'm very afraid something is going to happen to her and/or she won't come back...if you all could say a little prayer for Abby's safe return we would all be eternally greatful. Asheligh and I are both upset. She even told me she was very sorry that she opened the door and Abby ran away.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif She's back! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I did not know what to do considering I had no idea where she was so I opened all the doors and windows and fried sausages in some bacon grease (any kind of meat she likes but bacon is her favorite).

I put them in a little bowl and went outside to listen for dogs barking so I would have some idea of which direction to head and I see Abby coming up down at the end of our street so I run over there with my bowl of sasuages /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif yelling "ABBY! Bacon!" --neighbors probably thought I was nuts-- I put the bowl on the ground where I was and she came over to it, almost took off again before I could grab her but her love of bacon overpowered her and she began wolfing down the sausages so I was able to grab her.

She's wet from going to the creek near the house but otherwise unharmed.

In the time she was gone I swear I about had a breakdown. It's times like these that remind me of how much I love her and need her and want her.

:woohoo:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
OMG you must have freaked out !!! So glad that Abby is back home....thank heaven for the beagle appetite !!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm so glad to hear that she's back! Great idea to fry that sausage in some bacon grease. I can imagine how upset you must have been! I know how heartbroken I'd be if anything ever happened to Jersey. Abby, you bad beagle! You near gave your mommy a heartattack!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
My heart sank when I read the caption of your first post. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif I'm so glad that you thought of the bacon and sausages trick. I've had lost dogs so know the terrible feeling that goes with that.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jamie: Thank goodness Abby found her way back home!! I almost lost Maggie during one of her anxiety attacks when she ran away from me and I still have the jitters every time I think about it. Brilliant idea to fry up the sausage. :thumbup: Please give Ms. Abby a special hug from us!

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Crumbs how scary!!!!

Glad she came back, she followed her nose!!

They are so slippery sometimes. Hope your poor heart has stopped beating so fast now! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Registered
540 Posts
Welcome back, Abby!!! I have been thru several escapes with Cecil and Brandy and know how stressful it is. We have been fortunate with our recoveries. The last time when our nephews let the girls loose, I managed to maintain calm, but it was difficult. I worry often about the escapes as they seem to think of the world a a big dog park. I am really working on getting them to come to me at the dog parks in anticipation of future escapes. I am probaby just wasting my time, but maybe it will help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.