Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm a new owner of beagle, her name browine, 3 month old, bought from shelter, v r having very tough time, in potty n pee training, as my browine is peeing per day 6 r 7 times , v r in apartment n v r Indonesia, the climate is moderate. She is peeing in hall, v HV big balcony. Sometime she does their, but she is very much wan pee in hall. N potty training is like hell, she goes for walk in garden but she don't go potty c walks. Run, absorb but no potty. Morning she will night she don't, n timing is change everyday, n sometimes she does potty at noon, r evening, n every time v can't go down for garden. So wan train her in balcony but no chance. N v don't HV crate as my son don't like. N v r training her to sleep in hall alone with balcony open as v r in 10th floor. So its safe. Balcony is full safe. We wan her to be trained that way. But my hubby wan her to sleep in balcony not in hall. So, wan know can beagle sleep alone.as till date she sleeps in hall with balcony open. N how to train her for potty n peeing, n v given her bed but she pulled open, so now I given her matte with cloth on it but she don't sleep on it. V r not allowing her on sofa as she jumped n to red the sofa. So, v r very careful not to put her on sofa. At night she is very hyper. N after coming from walking she runa like crazy. N bark at us, n she bites a lot.wat to do. Sorry for the long post pls give me suggestion. And wat food to give . any list

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
If she's young (and at 3 months, she is), she doesn't know to go outside yet. I've got a 14 month old we got at 13.5 weeks, so I get it - we also live in an apartment.

We took Agis out approx. every 45 minutes when we first got him, and after he drank/ate. We took away water at 8 pm (~3 hrs before bed). We also got a good enzyme cleaner (from pet stores) to clean up after his messes so he didn't smell them.

Are you crate training at all?

At that age, they want to play, and don't get that biting is not the way humans play! I would discourage biting by doing things like redirecting onto toys. You can also say 'No' and push her away.

I'm not sure what foods are available in Indonesia, so sorry I can't help there.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
5,984 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of experienced people here for advice.
Your dog is still a puppy so puppies tend to bite and nip for several months..it is not aggression. Try cupping the food in your hands and let the dog eat from your hands like a bowl. That is a good way to bond. Also say "NO!" when it bites. Give your dog a rubber toy or safe dog chew. Dont spank or yell at the dog it will make things worse. My dog was a biter too but never does it anymore. If you get the dog overly excited playing jumping games they tend to get bitey at this stage.
I highly recommend crating your dog at night and periodically during the day. Take the dog out on a leash to go pee or poop and say...go peepee so the dog knows what hes suppose to do. I say that for both pee and poop. It will take about a year for your dog to be consistently potty trained. Dont allow the dog on carpet or furniture until the dog is potty trained. Keep your dog in a restricted area to prevent a mess and mischief.
Do NOT let your dog go free unless you have a good secure fenced area. Beagles follow a scent and will run away, get hurt, or stollen. They are NOT off leash dogs.
Puppyhood is rough but it will get better.
Stay on the forum for advice and ask all the questions you want. Let us know how it's going.
Cassie says Hi

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank u but v did not buy crate as my son don't wan cage his puppy, n about potty training I usually take her n say go potty but my browine don't go potty n c will c others n go to them, it talked me 45 minutes to 1 hours for potty. Sometime she do go at all. V r not allowing her in sofa. V r making her stay in balcony r hall at night. As v all sleep in bedroom, I don't wan her in bedroom. She bites a lot. Runs crazyly thanks a lot for ur suggestion

·
Registered
5,984 Posts
Dont think of a crate like its punishment place or a jail. Its a cozy and calming place for the dog. I got my dog as a puppy and she is now almost 9 yrs old.. she loves her crate and goes in it on her own as you can see from my picture. She naps in it and sleeps at night in it without me even closing the door. Anyway reconsider it from my experience.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all again I'm back with a issue my browine, scratching her body a lot, n I found this white patch, pls anyone experience these patch in ur paw friends pls let me know ghe solution, this month v hv to visit vet, i can ask him, but till tan, need some remedy, n for scratching, n biting her own body wat to do,

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dont think of a crate like its punishment place or a jail. Its a cozy and calming place for the dog. I got my dog as a puppy and she is now almost 9 yrs old.. she loves her crate and goes in it on her own as you can see from my picture. She naps in it and sleeps at night in it without me even closing the door. Anyway reconsider it from my experience.
My hubby as don't wan a crate, as she is freely moving n play in hall n balcony, n if v go out n she is alone for a day tan she will be OK in balcony so v giving training in that way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wat to do for hair fall control. Hair is falling to much all over the hall n balcony I don't know wat to do.

·
Registered
5,984 Posts
Its hard for us to know.. i recommend having a vet check the dog. What kind of food do you feed your dog? Always buy the best quality dog food you can afford. It could also be fleas or ticks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts