Our Beagle World Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Great News Murphy! So very glad you have such good doctors and that Summer will be ok now.

I sure wish we knew how our doggies are injuring their disks. Sure wish they could talk sometimes!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
yyyiiipppeeeeee !!! I was thinking about Summer today and wondering how she was doing. I am glad to hear that the surgery went well !

sending out recovery wishes for Miss Summer !!

Hope you are feeling better soon !!

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
I'm late to the table here....but wanted to add my thumbs up and cheers for Summer!!

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy to hear things went well, and she's coming home so soon. :bounce2:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Summer is home and resting. She can walk but is weak and is slightly uncoordinated. She has done her business on her own. The surgeon (same one who rebuilt her ACL), said he expects a full recovery. She has 6-8 weeks of crate rest (not 2). No jumping, no running, no play. She gets her staples out in 2 weeks.

We hope to get her back down the shore before the season is over. Murphy has been very good with her. A few sniffs and he is leaving her sleep... thankfully.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Looks like I missed something but I am glad to see that Summer's surgery went well and she is home.

~Denise

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I'm glad to hear that Summer is recovering nicely. You've got two very strong Beagles! Both she and Murphy are very lucky to have such a wonderful family to help them through all of their ailments. Hugs and belly rubs to Miss Summer!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
there is nothing better than recoping at home...glad to hear she is doing well and I hope your 6 to 8 weeks goes by quickly and uneventful !!

·
Registered
439 Posts
:bounce:
joe

that was the hardest part for bernie and i, the crate rest. i felt so bad for him. i felt better after i got him a bigger crate. he did almost 2 months in for crate rest. i gave in in the end and let him sleep out on the floor with me. doc's said that was ok. gave him some space to stretch.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I am very glad to hear that the surgery went so well and that Summer is doing so well. Fingers and paws crossed by everyone here that she is back to her normal self very soon.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Well, the weekend went smooth enough. The ENTIRE family sleeping in the family room. Summer has tried to run twice (bad puppy). Her coordination is getting better, hard wood floors make it difficult sometimes for her. The only thing left is for her to go poo. No poo since before surgery, that was Thursday. I left a message for the surgeon.

Today is her first day alone. We have the family room gated off so Murphy can't get in, but they can see each other. (I'll bet money he pulls it down). The sofas are also fenced off so she can't jump up. Hopefully she just rests.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Great news, she went poo this morning! Her balance is still a bit off, but she is definitely feeling better. She wants desperately to jump up on the couch. That is a big no for several weeks yet.

** Big sigh of relief! **

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Great news.....Miss Summer is coming along well!! What a relief.....belly rubs from us. :thumbup:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Sounds like Summer is mending well. It's such a relief when they start to recover quickly. Since it's hard to keep a good beagle down, I'm sure you'll have your hands full the next several weeks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
:happyhappy: So glad to hear that Summer is home and on the mend. It's hard when they feel so much better than before the surgery and they want to do everything that they shouldn't.

I know that she'll be a good girl and abide by your attempts to control her enthusiasm.

Belly rubs to both Summer & Murphy!!!

P.S. Murphy -- explain the value of a careful convalesence to your sister; of all of us you can definitely relate to what she has gone through already.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts