Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Summer is out of surgery, she is awake and alert. The surgery went 'smooth and slick", as the neorologist put it. The two disks were not just bulging as the CT scan showed, they were ruptured. There was much more disk debris than expected, both inside and out of her spine. He was surprised she could even walk with that much debris compressing her spinal cord. But once the debris was removed, it came right back to it normal shape and looked very good. She has a good chance at a full recovery. He will let her rest tonight and try and get her up and walking tomorrow. If all goes well, she will come home Saturday.

I'll let you know what I hear tomorrow.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Way to go Summer! She sounds like one tough girl /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Happy to hear she's doing ok, and can't wait till you have her back home.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Great news MD, hope Summer will soon be back to her old self. I love your new avatar!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like all went well. Hopefully, Summer's recovery will be quick and complete. One sure thing is that her humans know how to help her recuperate. My kudos for the great avatar, too! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Wonderful news. You must be relieved that the surgery went well. I hope Summer has a full and speedy recovery! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Glad to hear the surgery went well. You must be relieved. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sending prayers your way that Summer's recovery goes as smoothly as her surgery! In one sense, thank goodness you are experienced in recognizing symptoms of disc injury -- in the other, must seem like deja vu ...

·
Registered
991 Posts
I was sort of thinking the same thing. You must feel like you are living a trailer park with a bulls eye and all the tornadoes are headed for you! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Registered
650 Posts
Joe I'll pass along the same thing that everyone tells me: Bless you for taking such good care of Summer and Murphy! Payback will come someday, somehow. She should feel like a million bucks once she's healed and back to her old self. Hope she comes home Saturday!

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
I was really sad for you when I heard Summers news. I hope thingss improve for her.

xxxx kisses for summer

·
Registered
388 Posts
How Wonderful! Yay for Summer! :happyhappy: :heart: Can't wait to hear how she does today.

--------------------
~ Louri ~ Mommy to Quads (we'll be 4 years old in 4 months)

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
I'm so glad Summer's surgery, though there was more damage than you thought, went so well. Fingers and paws crossed that her recovery will be quick and uneventful! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just got the call. Summer is doing well. She is eating, walking and doing her business on her own! She is a little weak in the rear and needs a lift from a sitting position, but that is normal the neurologist said.

She comes home tomorrow morning!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts