Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I love our little Shelby so we decided to get her a friend for when we move in to our house in February (right now she has my parent's dog to play with). Its actually her brother: same parents, different litter. Beau will be able to leave his mom about the same time we get in our house but I'm worried about leaving him in a crate from 8-5 while we're at work. Shelby is house broken so we're going to install a doggie door and lock them both in the unfinished basement. I worry about this new situation because when we brought Shelby home I had been laid off work so I could spend time with her 24/7. Now that I have a job, I worry about leaving Beau in a crate all day. Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated! :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats actually a VERY good idea! Do you think the same kind of thing would be ok if it were in the basement with Shelby? What would we do with her? She'll be about 9 months old when we bring him home..

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have had Shelby meet Beau when we've gone to see him at the breeder's home and she did ok but we realize we'll have to do it more before we bring him home. I will have to see what we can do about having someone put them outside but like I said, we are putting in a doggie door for Shelby.
I am excited about the idea of two but also am not excited about them becoming partners in crime. haha They'll feed off each other, I can just see it now..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.