Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Well, when we got our second beagle, Cole, we had a similar situation. I started a job last minute after we had him for only a few weeks. That is a long time and we also felt bad about it for Cole's sake.
So, rather than crate him, we got a huge rug (utility type rug) and a nice size pen to put in the kitchen (best place for us at the time). In the pen we put his crate (took the door off) with his bedding, some safe toys and his stuffed toy that had his littermates' scent on it, and a wee wee pad on one of those plastic holders they sell. He had only a few acccidents off the pad but learned quickly to use it. I also always leave a light music station on (or classical) for all my dogs and birds.
Cole was fine with this set up, we did get howled at when we came home, as if to yell at us but it worked when we had to!
Good luck :)

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Well, it all depends on how the two of them get along. Personally, I would seperate the two at first, until they get used to one another before leaving them alone together. We kept Roscoe in another room and Cole in the previously mentioned area.

Then, leave them alone together while you are home and observe their interaction. Its going to depend on the personalities of the two IMHO.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.