Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
Dodger
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your interested I came up with a wonderful brunch dish, because Dodger is sooooo hungry in the afternoon that he eats everything on our walks and I find it disturbing, so I came home the other day and was eating an acorn squash for a lunch and Dodger was whining and begging for a bite, but I didn’t give In we can’t or they keep coming back but after I ate I did cut up the other squash and began to think, how about a lunch for Dodger, so I took him out for his walk which of course drove me mad, he kept pulling not for the sake of pulling, but looking for FOOD, that did it! I sat down on a bench at the mall with Dodger and started to think what about all the veggies that Dodger can have lettuce, carrots, broccoli and that squash, so I came home tested the veggies on him and he loved each one, so I took them and cut them very fine and put about a cup into his bowl and oh my goodness, just like his morning dog food, ( he’s only allowed a cup) all I heard was his bowl hitting the wall….bang bang…lol empty in seconds and darn it’s good for him and it keeps him regular…..A salad for Dodger and he naps.

· Registered
192 Posts
What a great idea! My son has a Yorkie that was overweight from too much snacking and he told him to give vegetables (that are approved for dogs, of course). With Ally McBeagle, we split her daily food into two portions. At first she didn't like a smaller portion in the morning but she adjusted and like any respectable beagle adored her second portion at about 6 pm. That didn't stop her from asking for more, but it was easier for us to say "no, you just had dinner" in the evening. Because her weight was always managed well, she got a little snack at noon usually carrots until little by little she didn't have enough teeth (she didn't like them cooked, so a little bit of peanut butter on a spoon made for a happy girl), 3 pm and 9 pm.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts