Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that as they age, beagles faces start to "white" out, and I am seeing this with our two oldest who are 6 and 5-1/2. My question is, with the boy who had a white face to start with, it seems that he suddenly has more ticking on his head that before, especially on his nose and the back of his head. Is that possible? I wish I had pictures to compare but I don't know if any of the early pictures will show well. I will have to look again.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Cant help you there. Our Snoopy looked white at 5 years of age, he hasnt changed in the past 2 years. Susi is seven ad a half and looks just the same as at 5.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Murphy's face has washed out over the years and sadly, Summer is starting to show some white as well. That being said, I have noticed that their colors do change over their entire lives.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Boeing's face has turned whiter over the past year and the body coat has more brown where the black used to be. He's five years and two months old now. There's no ticking, though.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Sammy has changed all of her life. she will be 11 in February and I guess I really started to notice the change in her face around 6 to 7 years old. the rest of her body is relatively the same as when she was a baby.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I've started to notice some white coming in around Jersey's eyes over the last year. She's only 2 1/2 years old. She's been a bit of a chameleon her entire life though.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Age 5 or 6 is a "bit early" for that to happen but not unheard of! Try giving them "pet-tab" multi-vitamins or at the very least the "vitabites" vitamins for seniour dogs from wal-mart,(the only difference between the ones for younger dogs & them is the lack of vitamin C)! Goober did not start to fade until he was over 8 yrs old & Rufus started to @ 9 & Nibbler @ over 7 has not faded at all ! Homer-the-Huge is not a beag...but despite the fact that he is nearing middle-age for a large dog has not faded yet as well! :thumbup: The multi-vitamins are "most-likely" the best cure for this...but fish oil is yet one more nutrient our "boy,s" get & they LOVE it! Simply start them off with the "tuna-water" from tuna packed in water & later the tuna added to their kibble & later "drip" some tuna packed in oil over their kibble to "season it"! :thumbup: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
448 Posts
My beags have changed a lot too, though the oldest is only 2 1/2. I have heard though that dog vitamins can help with it, keep them healthier and better color of hair/skin, etc.
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Judi

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
:evilgrin: I usually fry "over medium" their eggs or scramble them, (so they get calcium from the milk & a little cheese), or they get a broken-up hard-boiled egg with dry food as their breakfast! :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts