Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if I posted before about this however this is a DIFFERENT article - same setting - and it has a VIDEO. A really nice feel good story about one of our favorite Beagles - made me feel kinda warm & fuzzy inside.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=141227
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/winkingsmiley.gif

·
Registered
134 Posts
that is so sweet. I love stuff like that. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chloe's Mommy - No, you are seeing correctly - whiskers are shaved. I had someone showing Shasta for me a couple of times - she loved being in the ring and getting the attention but the judges did not like her as a show dog. From what I have read on here about Field Beagles for hunting - it sounds like she is closer to that - ratty tail, long bak.

But you would not believe what some people (most) put their show Beagles through in order to prepare them for the ring. The only thing I did was use scissors a little to trim her whiskers - I couldn't bring myself to do any more. But there is whitening done to their white areas - especially on the legs; shaving down the chest - and anywhere else you don't want hairs sticking out; I had someone suggest I trim Shasta's nails to the quick cause unless the dog's nails have been trained a certain way - they are too long. No, the true show Beagle is not one that anyone would hunt with if they hunted.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Thanks Kim. Uno looks so "clean" next to Chloe. Her whiskers are all over. I kind of like it that way, she tickles me a lot when we kiss... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yay.gif

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
What a great story. And I could finally - actually hear him being a beagle. There was way too much crowd noise to hear him when he won the Best in Show.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Ohhhh...soooo sweet!

Do you think it was really Uno though? Isn't taking him to a stranger's house pretty risky? Or am I just paranoid?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Aw, what a sweet story!

About the shaved whiskers... don't dogs need their whiskers? I know cats need them for balance and so they won't run into things, but what about dogs?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts