Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning we took our girls, Cecil and Brandy, to the John Chestnut dog park for some fun and activity. We had not been in some time due to tax season and timing issues. When we arrived, there were about twenty or so dogs in the big dog side and in we went. Well, let me say the girls mixed it up just fine with all the dogs. There were 2 one year old great Dane puppy sisters among a variety of labs, spaniels, shepards, and other mixes and matches. In about thirty minutes, here comes another beagle...a few minutes later a beagle mix, then comes in tail light, another beagle, then a wonderful fox hound I could listen to bay all day....and in the second hour here comes a couple with three beagles. A couple of folks asked if there were some sort of beagle thing going on. It was great. All the beagles got together and did beagle stuff for a little while then on to play with others. After two hours, we left as did the other beagles. What a wonderful Sunday morning. I feel so blessed. Cecil and Brandy at 20 months were the youngest by far. The next closest in age was 4 years old. The guy with the 3 beagles said "yours are a little wild yet" and when I told him their age, he says "Oh, puppies, you've got a couple of years yet." I am so glad because they have turned into such wonderful girls with only a couple of issues we can deal with. Today is truly a wonderful and beautiful day!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Sounds like a great way to start your day Marti! I could have taken Jersey to play too! Of course the last time I took Jersey to the park (Emma's Adoption Annviversary!) she spent most of her time sitting on the bench and getting love instead of playing with the other dogs. :rotatesmiley2:

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Marti,
That does sound like a good day. I envy those of you with real dog parks. Brandy and Cecil are obviously little girls that you can be proud of! :heart:

I had some good dog-related news just now.

A friend of a friend was looking to adopt an adult chocolate lab. For some reason he was having a hard time finding one who caught his eye. Thanks to google and sw virginia lab recues, I found him a "dog of the day" named Dylan. They fell in love and Dylan went to his new home with his new dad today. Yeah!

·
Registered
443 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jen-n-jersey:
Of course the last time I took Jersey to the park (Emma's Adoption Annviversary!) she spent most of her time sitting on the bench and getting love instead of playing with the other dogs. :freak:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts