Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Hi Lisa, and welcome to BW! :wave: It's so sweet of you to take in little Wellington (love the name) and I'm sure he'll soon become a special member of your family. Yes beagles do take some getting used to, and the housebreaking might take a little longer than what you're used to with retrievers. When Shiloh was a baby, I got a book called Puppy Preschool by John Ross--it was very helpful. Also, I don't know if you're using a crate to train him, but when I finally broke down and got one for Shiloh (we had 2 poodles at the time and it didn't seem fair to keep puppy caged up while the other dogs had the run of the place)it really did help her get the hang of housebreaking sooner. Did you say Wellington was born in October? So he's still pretty young yet. I'm sure it will all come to him as he matures a bit more. Anyway, there are lots of people here to help you! If you haven't checked out the section called "Beagle Discussion" you might find more help there.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.