Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps my Miss Mags is jealous of all the attention her BW friends are receiving.....

She was panting and shaking late this a.m., then had a bowel movement in the house as soon as she got up from one nap (obviously unintentional...she was so embarrassed). Found another urine accident later that I didn't know about. Drinking lots of water. Not too interested in food (a first!!); finally, when she lay down on her side with all four legs out straight and begain to seize.....we were on our way to the vet. (this all happened in about a 30 minute period)

She has a history of seizures (although well over a year since the last one); she has a history of bladder infections. Her neurological test today looked slightly suspicious in her right front leg. Did the blood work....waiting on that.

To cover the bases, she's back on baytril for possible bladder infection. He decided a muscle relaxer wouldn't hurt...so she's on methocarbamol; no prednisone until the blood work comes back tomorrow......he ordered crate rest, monitoring and a report back tomorrow.

She's resting quietly in Calvin's crate...a special treat she loves to do! :freak:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Oh, Ms.Mags ... please be jealous of attention related to food and treats but not because of illness! I am glad she is resting comfortably, Deb. What kind of "suspicious" re neurological test on her leg? Slow reflexes? Please be sure to give us results of tests. Hugs to Mom & Ms. Mags!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Oh Miss Mags,

What a morning you had. Rest up little girl.

Deb...my inlaws' 10 month old Burmese Mountain Dog recently became lethargic with decreased movement in one leg. She was diagnosed with Lyme Disease and is on doxycycline and is getting better. Always something to keep in the back of our minds when there is a mystery illness.

I hope Maggy is back to her pretty self very soon.

~Denise

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Aw-www, Maggie, what a tough day! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif Rough for mom, too. Get well soon sweet girl. I'm sending a cyber belly rub. Enjoy your time in big brother's crate. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Deb, has she taken baytril before? That's what the vet gave Traveler when he was having bladder issues last winter, and it was really effective.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Belly rubs from my pack to miss Maggie. Hopefully everything turns out OK!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Awe Maggie...Get better soon! :heart:

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maggie thanks you all for your concern; she's chipper this morning, but still throwing up bile. (which only began AFTER she got home)
No signs of pain or distress however.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Judy, her reflexes were slow yesterday right front foot, but only slightly

Denise, thanks for the Lyme disease info! certainly something to keep in mind

Sandy, she's had great results on Baytril before, so they gave her an injection yesterday to jump start the process

After observing her more closely, I have my own theories. I'm wondering if her pain was 'stone' related. She's never had a stone, and I pray she doesn't (requires surgery), but she's drinking a LOT of water. We'll just see.....

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
So sorry to hear about Maggie, hope she will be well again soon. Please let us know what the blood tests bring.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Deb, I'm so sorry to hear about poor Maggie. Is she feeling better? I sure hope so. Make sure to give her some extra Beagly lovin' from me and Miss Jersey!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts