Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I have a couple questions concerning Banjo. First, he seems to have absolutely terrible separation anxiety. I crate him at night and he cries for around 20 minutes which is understandable, but during the day he goes nuts if he is ever alone. Whether in the crate or just in my room. He howls and cries constantly until I come back. Any ideas on how to control this or calm him down a bit? This isn't a big deal now, but will be when I move into an apartment in August.

Secondly, how much should I be feeding Banjo? He is almost 9 weeks. I would feed him as much as he wants, but he seems like he'll literally eat himself until he pops. He already looks a bit overweight as it is. I'm feeding Merrick Turducken.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the help everyone! I'm definitely going to try those crate ideas. It's not only the crate though. If Banjo is left alone anywhere in the house, he goes crazy. Is the only way for him to get over this is to leave him alone more often?

Also as far as the food goes... Currently I'm feeding him about a cup and half split 3x a day. The chart on the back of the bag says 2 1/2 - 4 cups daily for a medium sized dog puppy. That seems like a lot, which is why I haven't followed it yet.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the advice. We worked a bit on his crate desensitization today. He didn't do all that bad.

Woojiebear, I'd love to use that open bowl policy, but Banjo would end up exploding. He's a non-stop eating machine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.