Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
i was so scared snoopy would have horrible separation anxiety too. its taken her almost 3 weeks but she has calmed down a bit now! everytime i was not in sight she would SCREAM!
i started very slow as was suggested - even leaving her for a few minutes at a time. you CAN'T let him out of his crate if he's crying but the second he stope... good boy and a treat :p gradually i did it longer and longer and today she did a full 2 hrs on her own and was fine

it s a gradual process - he just has to learn that YES you WILL come back!
snoopy still cries but at least there's progress.

in regards to food i was feeding snoopy three small meals a day but then my vet suggested an open bowl policy.
he said that this actually prevents obesity because they don't BINGE!
I would have NEVER done this before because i thought dogs just ate till they puked haha.. but i've been trying it and she doesn't. her food dish has food in it all the time and at first she ate more because she realized it was there.. but now.. she has a few kibbles and is done. when we're eating dinner.. she goes and has a bit of food but she really doesn't overeat which surprises me. and she's never STARVING so she doesn't eat like a horse haha. up to you but you might wanna give this a try

best of luck to you and your adorable little Banjo !

·
Registered
392 Posts
hahaha no worries i thought it was a strange idea myself but snoopy eats very little so i guess every beagle is a lil different. if she starts to snort it all up by all means i'll change it
good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.