Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am happy to report that I have moved to Alaska, have been here for about 6 weeks, and have BEAG withdrawal!! Thelma and Louise are still in Al and I decided to get a rescue so they will have a girl to show them the "Alaska ropes" when they get here. I spent 2 days searching the internet for a rescue beag in AK,,,none up here....they are all Huskys' mostly Iditarod retirees, and black labs!!! Finally a beagle rescue site put me in contact with a lady who is their beag rescue contact in AK. There was none to be had. I told her I was looking for a sweet, quiet, adult female. The very next day, a girl with the very characteristics I mentioned, came into the shelter in Fairbanks!!!! She was found around North Pole Alaska, and no one claimed her, so she's MINE!!!!!! Will send px as soon as she arrives. Will write more later. Of course, no beag replaces my Thelma and Louise, but she is another beag who gets to stay in the world.
I get her Friday. Will write more later. Have not named her. I want a name that will have the meaning or something related to Christmas. I've thougt of Natalie, Tasha, Noel, Elfie. Any suggestions? I do have to meet and get to know her a little before I name her. So, if anyone has any suggestions, I welcome it. I'm so excited to have a Beag back in my life!!!!!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
It sounds like it was meant to be! I'm so excited to hear all about her and see pictures when she arrives. I've always thought Noel would be a nice name for a beagle. Or maybe Holly? Shortbread?

·
Registered
991 Posts
I hope you can learn as much as you can about her history. Heaven knows Alaska is not Beagle Country. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

You might want to look up an Eskimo dictionary, ie, Tiguak - Adopted. Or maybe "Carol" from Christmas Carol, or "Aurora" from Aurora Borealis. Boy are you going to have fun with this name stuff. I can not wait to hear about her and see pictures. :happyhappy:

·
Registered
333 Posts
What about Joy?? I have a friend named Joy who was born on Christmas. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Hi Thelmalou,

Wow, from the deep south to Alaska. Will love to know how your winter will be.

What are the chances of finding a beetle in North Pole of all places? Do you know anything about her background?

I second the suggestions of "Noel" and "Holly".

Keep us posted.

~Denise

·
Registered
794 Posts
When we adopted Georgia on Dec 20, we nearly named her Ginger (as in Gingerbread). I'm glad we did not, since she is so dark and not much tan coloring...
congratulations!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Congrats on your rescue. I also thought of Holly, or other Christmas connections: Jingles, Mary,Brandy.
Anyway whatever you call her, good luck and we look forward to photos. How are your other two getting on?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Congrats! An Alaskan beagle, how exciting. I like the names Noel and Holly, but since she was found around the North Pole I also like Elfie! BoulderBeagles had a good idea with an Eskimo name, it would give her character and a constant reminder of how you two found eachother...

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I am SO excited for you -- I know how much you are missing a snuggly beagle! I love the name Holly -- it is a sweet-sounding name. Looking forward to lots of pics. Also saw your request for Amanda's transporter info -- you'll have quite a gang when everyone is together! Lots of fun (cold!) times ahead.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Beth, I'm so happy to hear that you've found another Beagle! I'm not great a coming up with names, but I'll let you know if I think of something. I am sorry though that you don't have Thelma & Louise with you right now. It must be hard for all of you. I hope everything works out for you all.

·
Registered
291 Posts
You must be so excited. I second the request for pictures when you get her. I like the suggestions of Holley and Joy. Noel is pretty too. Or maybe Frosty/Frosti. Don't go with Noel if you spend a lot of time telling the beags "no" though. She might get confused.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all your suggestions and comments. Good point, about Noel. That would never have occurred to me. Get her Friday. Was gonna have to have her flown from Fairbanks to Anchorage, but the lady at the shelter said, "I'm coming to Anchorage on Friday, I will bring her" How lucky can a new adoptee and her mom be!!! No flying trauma, and delivered to me personally from loving arms!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well guys, she's HERE!!!! A very sweet demur little girl and I'm naming her Natalie. The name really fits her. Natalie is Latin, I believe for born on Christmas Day. She is a sweet lady. I picked her up at the airline freight department today. I looked up and there she was, pawing to get out of the kennel when she saw me. I took her to meet my friends at the hospital. She was so calm, my friends asked, did the shelter give her a tranquilizer? No they did not, she is just a lovely girl with good manners. She has demonstrated that she is housetrained, and that she loves food, and she likes to sleep on the sofa with me. I know she is confused, but I think she is going to adjust just fine. She hasn't shown any interest in toys yet, but she is pretty exhausted, not pushing anything on her right now. She needs a good dental cleaning, being taken to the vet next week. Will keep you all posted on her and my progress. She is a very sweet, calm girl, much less active than little Thelma and Louise. We are bonding well. Will send px soon!! (Oh, took her to the dogwash, bathed her myself and she did very well.)She had a a huge DAY! Thanks for all your supportive thoughts and comments. Beth and Natalie

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Hi

What fantastic news, well done you for getting her She sounds very sweet

pix please..... hope T and L like her

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
:wave:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Natalie sounds like a sweet girl. :heart: It's amazing that you found a beagle in Alaska. Guess it was meant to be. Will be waiting for pictures of your new girl.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts