Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A lot has been happening lately and work has been hectic so barely had any time to write about the beagle despite his antics being as odd as ever. He is now a one-and-a-half-should-be-better-behaved beeg but seems to have developed a full-fledged personality now and reached doggy adolescence in that he doesn't mindlessly bound towards everything with the same joie de vivre of the recently born. He still does with most things (especially if those things are edible) but I have noticed a certain slouching, certain disdainful attitude creeping in. One of Monty's new found pet hates (pun fully intended) are the innocent, health boosting, cardio-aware people who pound the pavements: joggers.

I don't know what it is that upsets him so. It does seem to be when we are driving somewhere. He will wait until we are just about alongside to launch himself face first at the window and giving them a short, loud burst of barking disapproval. This sudden outburst is more effective as often, he'll catch their eye as we meander towards them; lulling them into a false sense of security that he is just a cute little dog interested in endurance training. He likes to wait until that last second so that as we pass, they invariably get a fright and amuse him with a little potentially ankle-breaking foot wobble. I am worried about this sudden bout of schadenfreude!

·
Registered
26 Posts
HA HA Ruby is at the stage of wanting to meet everyone and as we live near the beach there are LOTS of people and dogs to greet,but just recently I have been letting her of the lead with no real issues until she decided to take up jogging but not with me and the jogger she ran off with didn't want to stop, so now I put her back on the lead or have her close when I spot joggers.

·
Super Moderator
5,347 Posts
Vazzy is very similar in the car. If she sees someone in the car next to us, a jogger, bike rider etc. she starts whining and gets all excited. I don't think she had many car rides before we adopted her.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.