Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had Marley since he was around 7 weeks old. He has been a handful since his arrival. I have 2 other dogs that - finally - treat him as part of the family. I had to use my room divider to place a block up to my indoor garden as he almost destroyed 2 of my best plants before I put gate up. So now I am looking for another gate to keep him in my kitchen with vinyl flooring to put up when I must leave the house without him.

His separation anxiety is over the top as he must be in whatever room I am in or he crying like a bitch. So me leaving for an hour is a crisis situation. Marley is young enough (14 weeks) to get under my bed. Lord knows what he is hiding down there...lol. But he is always at my side,

My issue is pooping inside instead of outside when he goes out for hours to investigate. Any suggestions would be helpful, Thank you......

That's my boy, Marley........

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
He's adorable and for sure a baby..
Beagles are pack dogs which means they want to be with the human..thus the whining.
Puppies need they area restricted. Not on furniture, carpet, beds etc. If you have a tiled floor create a penned space. The pet stores sell baby fencing or buy on amazon..enough to block an area. Get a crate if you dont have one and train the dog to go in it.
I urge you to read up and refresh on puppy behavior..this will be a long haul. In a few months your puppy will stsrt biting/nipping..its NOT aggression..its puppy behavior. Read up on how to curb it. Do a word search on this forum to search for past advice. I know ive posted a lot on these subjects..
Cassie is now 9years old.. im a puppy survivor. Cassie turned out to be the best sweet dog.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Be patient and consistent. Marley is feeling his way testing you to see what he can do and what he can’t. It is up to you show him what is acceptable behavior.
My Luke is 8 months old and he is much better in almost all areas than he was at 8 weeks, although he still tests us at times.
Apparently, separation anxiety is pretty common in Beagles. Luke goes nuts in his crate when we leave the house and he also tends to follow us around the house. I have read that it gets better with age. I suppose we will see.
Marley is a real cutie. It would be my quess that he has stolen your heart.

Here is my Luke:
F4D81CA3-7819-413F-96CA-FE1C21FE8C1C.jpeg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"Marley is a real cutie. It would be my guess that he has stolen your heart."

Your guess would be correct as he has stolen my heart. Thus the reason I think I am going to continue to go thru the beagle experience! Thank, all.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts