Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Well Fizz is 6 months now and she is very active and has become very stubborn too! We just cant seem to wear her out!
Would love too take her running but i'm not sure if this is a good idea at 6 months, what are your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Absolutely a beautiful pup!! We took ours to dog day care a few days a week to wear them out when they were little. They come home exhausted.

·
Registered
509 Posts
lol shes gorgeous!!

I take Glover the hyper 5 month old for 30 min walk and have short bursts of runs as well. wears him out like a charm!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
She is GORGEOUS....!!!

I wouldn't take her running, but would definitely for longs walks, and let her run in a confined area like a dog run or something.....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She's having long walks at the moment up to an hour, and off the lead at times. Until she sees a bird and thinks she can fly also! always has bags of energy.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
SO adorable! Oh, I could just kiss that little face.

I agree, no runs yet. Give it 3 or 4 months. But really fast walks always work to wear out my Duke. We cover about 2-1/2 to 3 miles in 45 minutes and when we get home, he is spent.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I have one in the "devil dog" stage now - my youngest, "Angel" (we lovingly call her our little devil) - is sooooo mischievious and she's 8 months old! Fortunately she has the "pack" to wear her out - her mother and brothers and her half sister, Bella, all keep her occupied, and I let her out in the yard to run off some energy whenever I can. She's really not a bad puppy - she's just a beagle puppy. I can't take her to obedience classes - the only classes near are Pullman which is 18 miles from here - and I work there - I can't take her to work with me, and I can't drive home and then back again - as the classes are at night - and I am getting cataracts, and don't see well to drive at night. If it wasn't for the rest of the pack, I'm sure she'd demolish the house!

·
Registered
751 Posts
oh I know what you mean, Marley is 8 months and stubborn, you just wouldn't believe how much. He is bossy, active, etc. No running yet. Most sources recommend waiting until 18 months. You can do long/brisk walks though which Marley loves.

Training will also help now, and games. You can do it yourself at home, bonding for you and pup too.

BEAUTIFUL PIC

·
Registered
751 Posts
oh, and toys! the good ones that keep their minds active and hooked for a long time, like kongs and everlasting

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Wow, Fizz is beautiful, no wander Charlie is jealous even a picture on the calendar! Wait till he sees this one. Grrrrr :grr: But he shouldn't, he shoulder be arrrroooo who is that beautiful girl in that picture!
Oh yes, go running with her, there shouldn't be a problem if she does not stop and sniff. :hi:
Charlie runs well at her age, but now he prefers sniff.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Oh my gosh, can little girls get any cutier? No runs yet, I agree, but walking can wear that little hyper cutie out. You do know that people who walk their dogs daily are healthier too, right? Cobi, age 7, wants to know if she has any sisters. Bad thoughts Cobi, she's too young for you!

·
Registered
71 Posts
What a cutie! I love the name!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

1 - 19 of 19 Posts