Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I have been following this page religiously since I brought home my beagle at 8 weeks. He is now 6 months old and I have questions about behavior. Henry (pictured) was born on Feb. 27. We live in Michigan and winter is impending. He is very active and we take multiple walks throughout the day, but as summer comes to an end, what is your advice for fall/winter activities for a young pup that won’t cause me hypothermia. Lol. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
He is so cute! If it's really awful out you could take him to a pet store to get him outside or sign him up for a training class. Beagles are pretty tough, in fact most love the snow (I don't but my beagle does!).

·
Registered
38 Posts
He's handsome! Check locally to see if you have training centers. Some offer indoor doggy play areas, such as agility courses etc. Although, if it's very snowy or cold, I can see that you might not want to venture out for these activities. You might consider mental stimulation games, like finding the treat - you can buy pet puzzles where he has to figure out where the treat is hidden and open it. But there's also the physical energy and at 6 months, he needs to burn it off or he could start getting destructive. Some thing might work, like a long hallway for fetch (although my beagle never fetched, some do) or even running back and forth doing zoomies. We have a staircase in the middle of our house, and it's open around it, so we played zoomies around it. I had to put in a few area carpets for traction spots. She would run carpet to carpet and loved if changed direction on her.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
We still do stuff with the dogs in winter! Just bundle up you and him!

(Xerxes is cold phobic but still does out in well-below 0C...we have a variety of coats based on temperature, and even a snowsuit (from Muttluk I believe - it's got cutouts so they can go to the washroom)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts