Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yikes. I was sitting outside with Cassie and suddenly felt the strong earthquake. No damage but my equilibrium is still off. Got txts from family in different areas who felt it too. Its amazing how we felt it even though it was in the desert. Weirdest feeling. Nothing broke thankfully. Hopefully no bad after shocks. The TV channels are reporting on it.

·
Registered
943 Posts
So glad you checked in and you guys are okay!!!! I was reading no injuries but damage. What a thing. Xerxes was most worried about his one true love

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cassie didnt act negatively which is interesting.
We've been through a 6.9 some years ago . At that time it did lots of damage to my parents home, broken windows, structural, and more.

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The news are saying how people should have an emergency kit and water. It makes me laugh because I'm a mini-prepper.... i have lots of pre-prepped document binders, food, water etc. During our recent evacuation it all came in handy.

·
Registered
943 Posts
It's a good idea. We had a house fire (sort of; the house attached to ours caught fire (semi-detached)) and while we were fine it made us realize we needed to up our game.

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a good idea. We had a house fire (sort of; the house attached to ours caught fire (semi-detached)) and while we were fine it made us realize we needed to up our game.
There are many great examples on the internet for preparing an emergency binder. I bought a 3" binder, plastic sleeves, and dividers and a little at a time made my "pick up and go " binder. I have documents for Cassie in it as well. I heard that evacuation shelters wont allow dogs without proof of current vaccinations.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Oh good point! I hadn't thought of that. We have their rabies tags but that's the only vaccine tag.

·
Super Moderator
5,068 Posts
Yikes! So glad you are okay. It does throw you off, I remember we had a small earthquake and it still felt very weird. The dogs were freaking out before it happened.

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They keep reporting there will probably be a worse aftershock...I sure hope not. There have been dozens already which I havent felt.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Oh no! That’s scary!!!! 7.1 is bad

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh no girlfriend...we will not be returning east. We actually prefer earthquakes to snow storms, tornadoes. and hurricanes. We have a well built house and have survived many earthquakes. And heck, we have earthquake insurance...lol. hope we never have a claim. The seismologists say now we could have a bigger one and this has triggered a cycle of earthquakes for years. Cassie whined a little during the 7.1.
I asked my husband if the earth moved for him... heehee.

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Glad you all are okay! /forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif I hope any after shocks don't go up to an 8 /forums/images/smilies/eek.gif

techie
Thanks. We're 118miles or a 2hr ride from the epicenter.. Caltech said after the 6.4 that we had a chance of a bigger one in a few days ...I didn't believe it. Now they say we could have a bigger than 7.1 soon. We didnt have any damage or things falling...whew. It does give the inner ear a shaking which makes you dizzy for quite awhile.
Im very prepared with food and water and documents.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts