Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'Sammy' 5 yr old female Beagle. Sammy did live with her sister but is quite territorial so would be best as the only pet. Not cat friendly. Children over 12yrs. Sammy needs a new home as owners have moved into a house without garden and feel Sammy is simply not receiving the stimulation she needs. Beagle experienced person preferred. Beagles usually need a particular type of stimulation and love tracking work so we would advise research before applying!
Please see www.hornchurchpetservices.co.uk

Link to Picture

http://www.hornchurchpetservices.co.uk/3.html

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Sammy is beautiful! I hope she finds a good forever home soon :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
What a coincidence! I was Googling to Beagle related forums, registered here - and found my dog! :)

We adopted Sammy 9 weeks ago, she is our second dog (first one was a crossbreed, had to be PTS at 16 1/2 years), after saying no more dogs the house was too quiet!

After a search of all the rescues in our area, along came Sammy - our first Beagle! She is lovely, we are going to training classes (even though she is 5 years old!) and is doing really well. We are learning all the time - no bins are allowed in the house, for example!

Anyway - here is a link to some photos of her, hope you like them!

Picasa Web Albums - Paul - Sammy

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
What a happy coincidence!! :welcome: and thank you for giving Sammy a home!

All of the pictures are just wonderful. Sammy certainly is a beautiful beagle. I particularly liked pictures #27 & 35, they made me smile.

Glad you joined us!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you for the lovely welcome!

She is a lovely dog, full of character, and LOVES my husband - I am tolerated but she's a real daddy's girl! She pulls her bed round to his side of the room so she can gaze at him before she goes to sleep - and when he wakes up in the morning she is still gazing at him!

We are working on her training and weight issues - she seems to have put on 2kg in the last year, but was only spayed 3 - 4 months ago, so wonder if that could have something to do with it? Oh well, she has lost a little in the past couple of weeks, so hopefully she will soon be a slimline Sammy! :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you - just got back to the PC after being pinned down on the sofa - you can't say no to a beagle - it's the eyes!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
We are so glad we adopted her - we weren't after a Beagle at all, we saw a lovely Jack Russell cross and thought he was just right - but he had already been adopted.

Donna (the lady who runs the rescue) suggested a Beagle she had on her books - who turned out to be Sammy - funny thing is, about 20 years ago I had my name on a list to adopt a beagle that had been released from a research lab (there were about 1000 of them, all freed at once!) but was not lucky - so we went to Battersea Dog's Home and got our crossbreed Clio, who passed away in April, aged 16 1/2.

She was obviously meant to be ours!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts