Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went out dinner and watched fire works at the Pier yesterday leaving Charlie in the yard, of course no Marlin, alone for the first time. It must have been the fire crackers from neighbors that scared him. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif Thought fire crackers are illegal.
I noticed something's wrong with him last night..uneasy.
This morning he wouldn't even go out to the yard!
Oh dear, I think I might have a problem.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Try not to make a fuss over it, so Chrlie won't feel that it's okay to keep being scared/apprehensive about the situation. Keep the door to the yard open, and leave him a toy or a stuffed kong. When he eventually goes outside, just praise him... I'm sure he will be fine :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, it happened, he peed in the house!
I feel so sorry, no one was home, and we couldn't leave him in the heated garage. I should have left him in the crate, but 7 long hours!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Will he go outside with you? I had to do the same thing with Doc last night because we got home after a long afternoon and people were still shooting fireworks. The boys had to go potty so I carried him outside, talked to him and fed him treats, sat down with him, fed him more treats, and he did fine. You might want to give it a whirl??? Hope it turns out ok!!!

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Sounds like he needs some company in the yard until he gets over his fear.

I attended a pre-4th party Tuesday, so was home last night.....my dogs acted like we were under attack....barking, whining, running from window to window......

I had both t.v.'s on, a fan, the air conditioning, and they stayed inside. I'm sure Charlie will get over it with patience and time; don't feel bad mom, I'm sure it's also part of his readjustment to life without Marlin.

Let us know how things go..... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, off and on. He pooped in the house this morning. But he is not afraid of going to the yard anymore. I guess I'm dealing with a beagle :hi: I find myself trying to defend him all the time. My husband hollered about the accident in the house, but I try to make excuses for him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts