Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am stressing out here. My 4 month old beage was starting to chew on our vertical blinds in the kitchen where we kept her. We decided to crate her for the whole day today for the first time. I feel so bad for my little girl? Is this normal?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She has about 8 toys in the crate. We put treats in there before we left she has a kong in there...I just dont want her upset because she has never been in a crate. She has just been chewing our verticle blinds (doesnt bother me) but the pieces on the floor were really sharp and i dont want her choking or huring herself...

Eric

·
Registered
112 Posts
We Crate Beasley (also 4 months old) when we are both at work...She does alright...Of course they hate it at first, but with plenty of toys, she seems to be OK...I've been leaving the radio on during the day (something soft), and she seems to be responding well to that...

I hate to leave her in the crate for so long, but at 4 months old, it's really for her own safety...No telling what she could get into if we let her roam free.

·
Registered
153 Posts
We crated Baxter when he was a wee lil baby. It is really for his own safety. He did hate it at first but then he got used to it. It helps that we give him some food/water and we put some toys in. We also leave the tv on. Now when we leave he knows to go in to his crate. Another suggestion might be leaving an old t shirt in her crate so she can smell your scent.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
We have crated Maggie when we leave the house since she was a baby. We do it for her own safety. She not only chews but also swallows things. I felt bad at first but when I think of all the ways she could injure herself I don't have a choice. When she was very young my dad came twice a day to let her out. Now my husband is retired and at home so she is not crated more than a few hours. She does not mind going in and when I tell her to kennel up she runs over, flips the door open with her nose and curls up for a nap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts