Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My breeder is asking $3k for purchase of a 5.5 month old show puppy (no training) - the sire is a Champion and Dam is a Grand Champion(Bronze). Is this price reasonable - I am new to this world of show dogs.
So just checking with you guys. Please advice.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The obvious question is are you looking to show the beagle, or are you looking for a pet? If you are looking to show that price might be reasonable. However, if you are looking for your beagle as a family pet I would consider that price considerably steep.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The obvious question is are you looking to show the beagle, or are you looking for a pet? If you are looking to show that price might be reasonable. However, if you are looking for your beagle as a family pet I would consider that price considerably steep.
Looking for show - but other show pups which are 2 months old are priced around 1500 to 1800. Of course the pup didn't consume1500-1200 worth of food/medicines - the pup has almost zero training(if he was trained for show I can still add up). So just checking is it normal for a 5-6 month puppy to cost this much.

·
Super Moderator
5,163 Posts
I think most of the folks on this site do not show their beagles but have them as pets. I rescue mine as adults. Be very careful to investigate the breeder to be sure they are legit. My first beagle I got as a pup in the 90's and he was $400, he was purebred but not a show dog.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Wowza! I have not heard much about show Beagles. Not to say they aren't out there. I've heard a lot about Goldens for show, I also own a Golden. I agree do lots of research. That seems like a lot of money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seems like a lot of money, even on a show contract. 1.5k is what I'd comfortably pay for a show quality dog, not including breeding rights.

May I ask who the breeder is?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts