Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently we are planning on being in the Tampa area the last weekend in August. We are looking at the weekend of the 8/29 & 30. Check your calendars and let me know. The place has not been set, but I liked where we were last time (some one remind me of the name... please).

Those not in the area, go to http://www.meetup.com and do a search for beagles, find your area and join. Go to a few meetups... Then, put together your own BW Gathering.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The wife and I will be down there the previous weekend for our friends' wedding. I'm pretty sure we will be able to make it

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Count me in -- the last place we met was at the Paw Playground at Ft. De Soto Park (3500 Pinellas Bayway, Tierra Verde, FL 33715 for those doing a directions search). I think we met early afternoon on a Saturday last time.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Count me and Jersey in! Ft. DeSoto is beautiful, we had Jersey's birthday there last year. Yeah, I can't wait! Can I invite Jersey's sister from Orlando? I also love the beach at Honeymoon Island. But, Ft. DeSoto has the beach and the paw playground, so that's probably a better option.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jen, the more the merrier. They don't need to be members to come. I actually thought about inviting the Tampa Bay Beagle Group. But it could get too big. What do you all think?

·
Registered
650 Posts
If there is any way possible for me to go, I would like to make it. I'm just not so sure about 11 hours travel time with three dogs...
If not, I would definitely like to get a meetup together in the Mobile, Alabama area!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Joe, the last Tampa Area Beagle meetup only had 8 dogs attend (at least according to meetup.com). I never get to go since they are almost always on a Saturday morning. I don't think it could hurt to extend the offer to them.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Yeah .... I will be back from vacation that Friday so Sammy and I will be there.

I am now the event coordinator for TBBR. The schedule isn't done out that far yet but I will be working on it here in the next month or so. I can also make an event on our Facebook page if we can finalize the day, place and time !!!

I look forward to seeing everyone !!!

·
Registered
650 Posts
I just called LaQuinta and was told that there was no restriction to the size and number of dogs in a room!! I'm going to Enterprise Car Rental to look at a van/SUV to see which would be more suitable for such a trip. If I could rent a camper shell for my truck that would be awesome! In case it's not obvious, I would love to make the trip to meet everyone and take an actual vacation!!

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Would love to be there, but the miles and the beags travel restrictions prevent it:). Having been to Tampa on our holidays 10 years ago we are green with envy - pictures will have to do so make sure there are plenty, and have a great time. We will be thinking of you in rainy old England TSK!

·
Registered
443 Posts
I wish I could get a bunch together here where I am or at least within a few miles. I'm on the Meet-up page but there is not a whole lot of Beagle action here in northeast Kansas - even had same problem when Shasta was being shown (she's not now). Usually only 1-3 entries in each Beagle class. Make sure to get lots of pics.

·
Registered
889 Posts
The hubby and I would love to come, but I'm not so sure our two would do that well. They're not always that great around other dogs and we've never had them at a dog park because of it. I think they're just afraid but it sometimes comes out looking like aggression.

It took us quite some time to get them adjusted to my parents' labs, but they've come a long way. A friend of mine brought her Shitzu over to my parents house when we were down and it only took about 15mins for Daisy and Rocky to accept him, although they didn't like him that much. However, he was very laid back as are my parents' labs, so I don't know what my guys would do if they were confronted with a more dominant dog.

Any advice on whether or not we should attend? Thanks!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
First, we would be glad to have you join us.

Its a 7 hour drive. So its up to you. You could come, bring the pups and see how it goes. There is usually at least one scuffle at every meet up. Its just a matter of keeping an eye on them. And there will be lots of eyes watching and listening for trouble. Its more of letting get acquainted without them getting defensive.

Fort DeSoto's Paw Playground (small dog side) is pretty big so its not a matter of tight spaces. There is a small beach that you can walk them on too, leashed of course.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts