Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone.
i've gotten into a kind of routine after the 5 night waking up 2 times a night is there something wrong with it and when is it suppose to stop?
and another question is in how long aproximatly does the dog get used to the crate and stop waking me up?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am still waking up once a night with Scout and she is 5 months old. I am not setting am alarm anymore, she just cries when she has to go. But when I do get up she goes right outside and pees. Better to get up than to clean out a crate.

Out crate training started when we first got her. It was an uphill battle and whenever she would go a week without peeing in her crate, I would move the divider back. We now have the divider out of the crate (the crate isn't huge or anything) and she is doing great. Even on days when I have been caught in meetings and get home for lunch late. We still don't allow her to have her pillow during the day and at night since she has peed on it before when we thought she was ready for it. Hopefully we will be able to put that in there soon and then maybe she will sleep through he night.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Blue has been in a crate since he was born, but we did have some issues the first two nights with us. We laid in front of the crate until he settled down and started to sleep and then we got up with him every hour for the first two days he was here. We do have him in the living room and we noticed after the first night we needed to cover the crate. The week we both went back to work, we let him sleep until he woke us up. We had a few accidents, but nothing major and he figured it out. He is now three months old and has been sleeping through the night for the last few weeks. He does wake us every so often, but that is when he absolutely has to go. Usually, he comes right back in and goes straight to his crate, but occasionaly he thinks we should be playing!!! He is slowly teaching me patience, that's for sure!! :lol2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts