Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two of my babies are gone now, picked up this past weekend. One got named Delilah, the other Maxine. Big names for little girls!
Another one will be picked up tomorrow, and one for sure this Sunday. Wonder what they will be named?
I have kept my little bitty Betty Boop the runt close to me. She is a sweetie, though she does get a little mouthy and cranky with the other pups because darnit she wants to eat too! OR she just wants attention too. One of the other.
Norton the big boy was going to go to a gal in Wisconsin, but she is trying to figure things out so she can adopt him. I sure hope he does. He is one of the loudest and mouthiest! LOL. AND..... the biggest! Little tank engine! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif A cutie for sure but geesh.. Of course lately he has been attached to me.

Will keep all updated. Just got another email from a gal that might want one of the other girls.
Judi and the gang

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Good luck with the home finding, it hurts doesnt it. Are you going to request an update on their progress once a year?

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
It must be hard to say good bye to them but a little easier if you feel good about the homes. Are you planning to keep Betty Boop? I fostered cats for a while but quit because I fell in love with every one and had such a hard time letting them go. I will still do emergency short term if they are desperate but that isn't so easy any more with Maggie here. Good luck placing the rest. I have sure enjoyed hearing about them.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
I hope you are able to find good homes for them all. How is the little mommy doing?

·
Registered
291 Posts
How many puppies do you have? I must have missed this series of threads.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm glad that they are finding new homes. I remember first bringing Jersey home. Those days are so much fun (and a bit stressful too!). I'm sure it must be so hard to say goodbye. You've been with them since they were born. Did you get contact info for the families so that you can keep in touch? How is Maggie handling her babies being taken away?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:Originally posted by K & G:
How many puppies do you have? I must have missed this series of threads.
We had 8 pups on June 21st on accident. One didnt make it thru the first night, so there were 7 left. I posted a posting on "beagle discussion" and it is called "introducing the 7 dwarves" or something like that.
My Maggie, the momma, doesnt seem to notice much that they are gone. she is a bit tired and wore out from them at this point. They were weaned, but lately had been bothering her again with this heat, so she is appreciating it I think.
Tonight took the 3rd one off too, so now we are down to 4 left here now.
You would think it would be quieter, and it is to a point, but still have plenty of bark-bark-barking! and wrestling around!
Yes, the families have agreed to send pics and updates still
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Judi

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
My labs had a litter together and I got so attached that I named them all (though at times, I wasn't sure if I was using the right name because they all looked liked little, yellow clones.LOL). It was SO hard to let them go, but we were really picky about their new families and we know they all went to good homes where they could be as spoiled and loved as our babies.

We were lucky that one of my best friends took 2 of them, so we had grandparent visitations for all these years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts