Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone. Just wanted to say Molly had her first vet visit and did super. In fact her only moment of hesitation was when we walked into the waiting room and there was a German Shepard - the biggest dog she has ever seen. After her initial shock she was ready to say hello and behaived herself quite well.

Of course everyone at the office thought she was just the cutest thing and petted her (she just loves everyone). She didn't even wimper when she got her shots (I think it was harder on my husband than it was on her - he was a little skiddish when the needle came out but she was fine.)

She got a clean bill of health, although apprently she could put on a little weight. Unfortunatly she just isn't all that interested in eating more food.

Oh, and she slept through most of the night last night. We are all very happy about this and hope it is the beginning of sleeping through all her nights.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Congrats! Good to hear everything went well.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
That's great

She will do better with food, don't worry. They sometimes aren't all that into food, but be sure - that changes almost always.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Great news! Like Eleanor said, she'll eat more regularly when she gets older. For now, you may try mixing some canned food or low-fat chicken broth in with her food to give her some incentive.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ahhh, German Shepherds are just big babies themselves. No need to be scared little beagle!

I'm glad she is doing well!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Originally Posted By: NifferboydShe got a clean bill of health, although apprently she could put on a little weight. Unfortunatly she just isn't all that interested in eating more food.
Glad the first vet visit went well for you and Molly (and that your husband survived it too!). And if Molly is anything like most beagles you will most likely look back fondly on this trip to the vet as one of the few times you will ever be told by a vet that Molly needs to GAIN weight rather than LOSE it!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts