Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, what a week of beagle drama it has been! As the first photo shows, the introduction of Monty and Milo was interesting: a real stand off! To me, they look like two spaghetti western figures in the dusty Old West with squinting, wise eyes and hands held out to their sides, fingers twitching, waiting to fight to win the heart of the young distressed damsel. In this case, the damsel is in fact a stuffed toy in the shape of a pheasant as you can just about see between them in the picture. I say a pheasant but it's hard to tell what it is any more from looking at it. The poor thing had already had a pretty rough time of it and spilt most of its fluffy innards about the garden. This really rather pathetic looking item was hardly worth such a full blown fracas I’d say but then I’m not a beagle. To these two hounds, this limp-looking, saliva-sodden, matted and furry thing was a prize worth the earth because unlike winning money, a holiday, a fancy car or even a year’s supply of raspberry jam, winning this prize means your opponent will be forced to chase you! And to Monty and to Milo, there is NOTHING (with the exception of pate perhaps) that can possibly exceed the giddy ecstasy that this brings.

After this energetic and loud introductory meeting which seemed to involve the very important ritual of sorting out top dog status, the two are now the best of buddies. Monty, being still only two, is following the older, cooler kid around like a little beagle groupie. He crams himself into the same basket as Milo. He jumps up to beg at the table in the same manner. He even jumped whole-heartedly into the same swampy waters that you can see in the pictures. Enjoyed cleaning them up after that excursion! There seems to be nothing that Milo can do without the admiration and full attention of his new number 1 fan! :love:

Attachments

·
Registered
542 Posts
I love the pic of the two at the table, LOL, so cute! They're like "We're ready for our cheeseburgers now, please!"

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are a terrifying twosome! Can't decide whether that picture is super cute or whether it reminds me a little of the freaky twins from 'The Shining' fame! Perhaps I just have an easily spooked imagination!

Milo can really eat too! He'd love some cheeseburgers. He was neutured recently and before we rehomed him. Monty is not and we're not familiar with dogs that are generally. We've been told he will be a bit greedier but jeez, this guy would wrestle a school kid to the ground for his lunch box if we weren't careful! Makes bribery during walks fairly easy though. Monty is a fussy eater. We could wave a t-bone steak at him and he'd ignore us unless the grass didn't smell too interesting that day!

·
Registered
542 Posts
My dog was neutered not long ago and is still just as greedy and "perpetually starving" as he was before. His method is to hone in on the weakest link (the toddler) and steal his food from his hand or high chair tray.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Cutest pics !! Love the pic at the table, Leah is like that when we have BBQ's !! Wish I could get another beagle to keep Leah company, just not got the space really.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Puppy love is a type of childish love, like a non serious love if that makes sense, you know how they look at anyone with big adoring eyes, they trust anyone, they have no clue that there is anything bad in the world.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, what a week of beagle drama it has been! As the first photo shows, the introduction of Monty and Milo was interesting: a real stand off! To me, they look like two spaghetti western figures in the dusty Old West with squinting, wise eyes and hands held out to their sides, fingers twitching, waiting to fight to win the heart of the young distressed damsel. In this case, the damsel is in fact a stuffed toy in the shape of a pheasant as you can just about see between them in the picture. I say a pheasant but it's hard to tell what it is any more from looking at it. The poor thing had already had a pretty rough time of it and spilt most of its fluffy innards about the garden. This really rather pathetic looking item was hardly worth such a full blown fracas I’d say but then I’m not a beagle. To these two hounds, this limp-looking, saliva-sodden, matted and furry thing was a prize worth the earth because unlike winning money, a holiday, a fancy car or even a year’s supply of raspberry jam, winning this prize means your opponent will be forced to chase you! And to Monty and to Milo, there is NOTHING (with the exception of pate perhaps) that can possibly exceed the giddy ecstasy that this brings.

After this energetic and loud introductory meeting which seemed to involve the very important ritual of sorting out top dog status, the two are now the best of buddies. Monty, being still only two, is following the older, cooler kid around like a little beagle groupie. He crams himself into the same basket as Milo. He jumps up to beg at the table in the same manner. He even jumped whole-heartedly into the same swampy waters that you can see in the pictures. Enjoyed cleaning them up after that excursion! There seems to be nothing that Milo can do without the admiration and full attention of his new number 1 fan! :love:

Beautifuls pics dude. I recently got a miniature bull terrier breeders, and I can say that it is the best decision I have made in a long time. Now I am very happy with my little puppy. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I love the pic of the two at the table, LOL, so cute! They're like "We're ready for our cheeseburgers now, please!"
me too, it's forbidden territory in our house, what can you do? :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts