Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Perdue. I met him at 10pm close to where we live in Cairo when I was giving PADI & Leila their last walk of the night.
He rushed out of some bushes and I thought he was going to attack us ( common over here) but instead he stopped dead and dropped into a play bow!!!!
This was amazing as his back leg looked broken (bloody and he couldn't walk on it) and he was skinny and in terrible condition.
I took P&L home and came back to him with some food and a leash to see if I could help. He happily got into the car and I took him home!
He settled in nicely that night - played with P& L and had some nice food, clean water and a safe place to sleep.

Next morning it was off to the vet to get him checked out and start his treatment prior to him being rehomed. Sadly when we got there we found that he had an inherited form of mange and that was the cause of the state of his leg. He was pickled in it and it would never go away.
It was a tough choice but I decided the best thing to do was to have him put to sleep. The vet said he was probably dumped by a family when they found out he was sick.

Anyway, we only knew each other for 11 hours but he was a great dog. At least his last night was a good one and his last sight was me stroking him and telling him what a good boy he was....

ImageUploadedByPG Free1389380901.372686.jpg
ImageUploadedByPG Free1389380925.745688.jpg
ImageUploadedByPG Free1389380970.633085.jpg
ImageUploadedByPG Free1389380988.384326.jpg
ImageUploadedByPG Free1389381007.134375.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well there is a positive side.... my wife is not a dog person and it's taken 13 years for us to be in a position to have dogs.
But she fell in love with Perdue and named him herself - apparently it means 'Lost'. She also said that if he could not be re-homed he would stay with us, which creates an opening for dog #3..... >:->
Thank you, Perdue.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts