Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Baby birds have fallen prey to the Twins this past week. 4 today! Usually the Twins stay out all day long and race each other to the back yard every morning. But now I have to go out and "sweep" the yard for babies with the Mommy's.

And hubby and I even have jingle bells on their collars. I hope the babies that have been born in our back yard grow up soon....if there are any left!

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
I know how you feel. I hate to see a bird's nest with baby birds in it. Because I know that when the babies start walking around the back yard they are in danger of being killed by my doggies. I have saved lots of baby birds. But some I was not able to save.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
It's heartbreaking isn't it? My two can't hunt in town; they are always on a leash....but they consider the family farm (grandma's house) hunting heaven.

However, I have feral cats living behind my house, and they LOVE baby birds. I don't keep bird feeders in my yard for that very reason; don't want to make hunting easy on those darn cats.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the murderers are up to 14 now. I swear in my little acre I never imaged that many baby birds. And I do a sweep every morning but I guess the bird mommies think they are safe. I hate it.......but I guess it is just nature.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
The mommys will learn to build nests away from the twins' territory next time.
But I'm sorry about the trauma YOU are experiencing.....we hate to think of our hunting dogs as hunters, don't we?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts