Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! We just adopted our sweetheart of a beagle Milo. He is 10 weeks old. We've had him for about 5 days now. But overall he's the sweetest puppy except when he doesn't get his way he starts growling and snapping. This can be if he's laying on your lap and you go to get up, if you're in the car and he's tired of being held, or if he's asking you to play and you don't want to. We took him to the vet today and they said he was perfectly healthy but "fiesty" although they were very laxadazical and weren't concerned after I brought it up. When we got him back after his vaccines, he was growling and snapping at us in our arms. Should we be concerned he has this behavior at 10 weeks? Is this a sign of aggression or just him testing boundaries? We've already got him pretty much sitting on command and are constantly using positive reinforcement. We're also crate training and he's doing good and going in there on his own and laying down when he's tired.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Cassie! This is really helpful! We have been doing crate training since we got him and so far so good. I just started putting him on a leash around the house, although he is not very found of the leash 😅

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One more quick question - it is normal that he growls and gets really snappy if he doesn't get what we wants? Ive read beagles can be stubborn and this is my first beagle but I've never had a puppy that's so aggressive so I just want to be sure!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.