Pawprints Left By You - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Rainbow Bridge Memorials

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Pawprints Left By You

You no longer greet me,
As I walk through the door.
You're not there to make me smile,
To make me laugh anymore.
Life seems quiet without you,
You were far more than a pet.
You were a family member, a friend,
... A loving soul I'll never forget.
It will take time to heal-
For the silence to go away.
I still listen for you,
And miss you every day.
You were such a great companion,
Constant, loyal and true.
My heart will always wear,
The pawprints left by you.

We miss you Shawshank, and will until we're together again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ssilhouettee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

That's lovely. I am sorry for your loss.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

I've got some scar tissue built up over the last four years but thank you. I still miss him like he was here yesterday. He was truly everything good about a beagle and he touched a lot of people's hearts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I know that feeling so well. I have lost one beagle and two greyhounds, its so hard. I have wonderful memories from all of them and I love my two girls so much now.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

How touchingly wonderful. I know he's still watching over you!
TXBeagleMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

Oh thank you both, very much!! Some people don't quite understand the heartache. To them they're "just a dog", to me... I lost a good friend and family member all at once. It does get easier but the empty space is always there.

Old 10-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

Oct 6th is Lucy's one year anniversary of her death. Your poem prompted me to look up the date. Gone but not forgotten.
techie
techie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'd like to share a personal touching story and dream about my aunt's dog, Toby, a standard schnauzer who was Marley's best friend for 4 years.

Toby was a very exhuberant, smart, dudley-do right type dog. So sociable and sweet and he and Marley utterly adored each other. Toby was a good deal older than Marley though and eventually went into kidney failure. He finally passed in November of 2012.

About a week after he passed I had a dream. I was at my aunt's house and in the back of her house is a giant field. Well, the fence door to that field was slightly cracked open and I saw Toby and Marley playing chase through the house and out the doggy door, back into the house and then Toby ran into the backyard. I ran after him and hollered his name... he stopped in the back yard... looked back at me, wagged his little stump tail, then ran through the fence door into the field... and behind the fence I saw this massive shephard's crook and a bright white light(Which I kinda think was Jesus, but, I'm not shoving my beliefs on anyone. it's just my personal opinion)... and I ran to the fence door and looked out and Toby was running in the field with all of these dogs. He was so free and happy.

I honestly think I had that dream to tell my aunt that he was alright and he was free and happy. That he would still come in and check on her and Marley; but, he was in good hands and running free.

I'm not sure if that helps anyone. But, I definitely believe dogs go to heaven and are always tied to us in the afterlife. I don't know if that's any help to the grief or even if it brings a smile to your face. It definitely helped my aunt with the grief of losing Toby though.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #9 (permalink)

TXBeagleMom... That is absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing it. I believe I'll see my fuzzy kindred spirits again. I guess it's just the waiting that makes it hard.

Techie... I keep a photograph of Shawshank with his birthday and passing on the back. I promised him the same and when you love that deep, you never forget anyway.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #10 (permalink)

This was Marley and Toby right before Toby passed. He's laying under the plant and Marley's looking outside, and it kinda looks like he's just sitting with his buddy in thought. I love this picture of the two of them. It brings tears to my eyes.

Pawprints Left By You-088.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement