RIP Jersey - Page 2 - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Rainbow Bridge Memorials

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #11 (permalink)

Such a sad story, I'm sorry for your loss
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2013, 05:22 AM   #12 (permalink)

I'm sorry for your loss.
and on other hands, I agree there were so much more could be done for your Jersey. Jersey could have been seen a different vet if the first was not willing to check her throughly.
I always have 3 different vet numbers, the best one, the good one and the willing to do everything one for my dog. I'm very generous when it comes to my dog and vet, I would pay what they charge me, buying product from them to make them happy while still ordering other stuffs from online, but I always make it clear to them my dogs are my precious and better be their best in treatment.
And yes, rat bait is lethal. Why do you think they die after eating? I throw away last pieace of it out of my house years ago and change to use glue trap since I took my puppy home.
mocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #13 (permalink)

I'm so sorry you lost your furbaby.
HappyHoney41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-14-2013, 06:29 PM   #14 (permalink)

Thanks for your thoughts guys.

Itís been 5 months and I still think about her every day. I could never replace Jersey she had such an amazing soul and she was my best friend. But itís been a lonely 5 months without her, especially since my husband works away. I am 2 weeks away from getting my new beagle puppy which is from the same line as Jersey, so I canít wait to have a part of her again. I could never replace her but I can keep her spirit alive, all my memories and photos are mine to keep forever and Iíll never forget about her. Hubby and I constantly reminisce about the funny things she used to do and how much we loved her, and always will. They touch your heart in such an amazing way.

Mocha, I read up a lot about rat bait poisoning after Jerseyís passing and apparently the poison rids their body of vitamin k which they need for healthy blood clotting. So without that vitamin k they die from internal bleeding. The morning that I rushed Jersey back to the vets they gave her a shot of vitamin k, but it was too late. She needed a blood transfusion, but it was too late.

It was such a traumatic experience for me; I donít deal with this sort of thing well especially on my own, as my husband was 1000km away at work. I wonít ever be taking chances again and if I know there is something wrong with my baby I wonít be made to feel like a paranoid owner ever again. I will demand answers and I wonít stop until I get them. Unfortunately, the night I took Jersey to the vet it was after hours and I could only deal with the particular vet that was on call. She was unsympathetic and did not take my concerns seriously.

At the time, I didnít know a thing about rat bait poison. But I took Jersey into the vet with symptoms such as LOSS OF APPETITE (I mean come on, where are the alarm bells, this is a beagle weíre talking about!!!), heavy breathing, lethargy and she looked depressed. These are photos of her when I brought her home from the vet. She jumped up on our spare bed and did not want to move. She looked so depressed.

Straight after Jersey had passed I wanted answers, so I researched rat bait poisoning. What are the first 4 symptoms listed??
Loss of appetite
Heavy Breathing
Lethargic
Depressed
-Can take 3 or more days after ingesting for symptoms to start showing

How can a trained professional not pick up on those 4 symptoms and not suspect rat bait poisoning? Especially when she asked me if Jersey had eaten any and I told her that I hadnít seen her eat any but we were at my in-laws only 3 days before and there was definitely a possibility she had eaten it. She had told me that she had dealt with rat bait poison many times before. Iím not a genius but I believe that Iíve only seen this case once now and I believe I could pick up the signs and make the connection if I ever came across it again. And I would know just how serious it is and you CANNOT take chances!

Luckily that particular vet was dismissed and I never have to see her at the clinic again. I will be taking my new pup to puppy school in a few weeks and it will be my first time back there since Jersey died. Itís going to be difficult, but I know I have to be strong. I donít believe the clinic is responsible, I believe it was that particular vet that was incompetent and I want them to be able to build my trust up again, knowing that my best friends are in the best possible hands.
Attached Thumbnails
RIP Jersey-img_3306.jpg   RIP Jersey-img_3309.jpg   RIP Jersey-img_3310.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You fill my heart with love, and my entire world with happiness.
I married my best friend on the 10th of November 2012
JerseyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:01 AM   #15 (permalink)

What a sad story! I hope you have asked your in-laws to remove the rat poison. Such a needless tragedy and a good reminder to make sure we don't have anything like that in our house.
Bbircie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:40 AM   #16 (permalink)

So sorry for your loss... As you know I lost my max at 2 and a half years old from bone cancer. I'll put his story on here soon

It's so heartbreaking loosing your dog at such a young age.. It's unfair and I can't get my head around it. 2 days on and we're devastated.

My thoughts are with you - life right now for us so so different without max in it
JaMarMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #17 (permalink)

Oh I'm so sorry for your loss too. It's heart breaking isn't it especially when they are taken so young. The only thing that heals the pain is time. I still think about my girl every day and it still shocks me that she's actually gone. But her memory makes me smile and I'm so grateful for being blessed with being her owner and I know I loved her to the moon and back and I know that she knew how much I loved her. My thoughts are with u too, so sorry to hear about ur loss

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:24 PM   #18 (permalink)
Nic

JaMarMax,I was hoping that all would be well, so sorry that its not can imagine what you are going though

Jersey, how long now until you get your net bundle of fun?!

Sent from Petguide.com App
Nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #19 (permalink)

So sad...I feel for both of you
Dr.Funkalupicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #20 (permalink)

Nic - 12 sleeps until my new little princess Harley fly's in! I cannot wait to meet her. I've longed for that beagle presence and it's been a long 5 months wait but it is going to be so worth it.

Harley could never replace Jersey, but I can promise to love her the way I loved Jersey. And it turns out that Harley is Jersey's neice, so I'm hoping that she carries some of Jersey's traits just so a part of Jersey is always with us.

Here's some pics - she's almost 8 weeks
Attached Thumbnails
RIP Jersey-2013-05-18-harley-7-weeks-1.jpg   RIP Jersey-2013-05-18-harley-7-weeks-2.jpg   RIP Jersey-2013-05-09-harley-6-weeks-2.jpg   RIP Jersey-2013-04-26-harley-4-weeks-2.jpg   RIP Jersey-2013-05-09-harley-6-weeks-1.jpg  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement