He would have been 14 today! - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Rainbow Bridge Memorials

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default He would have been 14 today!

Hi Everyone!

I think I have only posted an introduction here but today my Freddy would have turned 14, unfortunately I had to make the hardest decision of my life almost 2 years ago and say goodbye to my best friend. He was diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer almost 2 years ago and within months of that diagnosis I had to put him to sleep, I couldnt let him suffer he meant too much to me.

Anyways I still miss him dearly and am having an especially hard time today so I thought I would post.

RIP my beautiful boy, I still miss you soooo much!!! Here is a link to some pictures of Freddy. The first two pictures are of him the rest of them are of my english bulldog/pitbull mix, Hankie

http://s1089.photobucket.com/albums/i355/ReddyRoo/

Last edited by ReddyRoo; 08-08-2012 at 08:00 AM.
ReddyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Nic

Sooo sad to read that. I've only had my Odie for 3weeks and I love him so much. I always used to think people were odd when I heard them say things like " I've got to get home to the dog" etc, but I totally get it now, I look forward to coming home to see my little pup; the thought of him not being around upsets me already. I hope you get through today with plenty of happy thoughts of your best friend x

Sent from my iPad using PG Free
Nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default Freddy

Our first beagle, was actually a beagle/basset a "bagel" is you want. Chipper was the best, and I've had seven dogs before him....he got Addison's disease and within a year we were putting him to sleep, also. He was 8 yrs old. My son came home from college just to talk to the vet and to say goodbye. That killed me. But little did I know what would come would break my heart even more. Chipper always laid under the computer and now he sits on a shelf over the computer. My husband and I can't talk about him, without a laugh and a tear. It's rather interesting that my parents were the same way about each of their dogs...and my brother doesn't get it. But then again, I don't think he ever had a dog get to his heart. Obviously Freddy did get into yours, as Chipper did to ours. Remember Freddy and all the wonderful things he did and was for those years you had him. You gave him a loving forever home and he gave you his love. I'm sorry it still hurts, yet, even with us, it's a sign of how much and deeply we loved our boys.

Casie and Cobi's mom
cobismom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2012, 12:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Awww, I am so sorry. Freddy was a very handsome beagle.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

God bless you. There's a quote about people who are courageous enough to love someone they know they'll lose, can't remember exactly. Your pup was clearly loved. In case it helps, you're not alone - I have a hard time on birthdays too.
HolesInMyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement