I still miss her - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Rainbow Bridge Memorials

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2011, 09:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I still miss her

I recently lost my little Berta Beagle to Lymphoma after spending an amazing 11 years together. My baby girl meant the world to me, I miss her terribly and it was absolutely devastating having to let her go. Iím not a religious or spiritual person and I donít really believe in the rainbow bridge or a doggie heaven. However, itís nice and even comforting to think about the possibility of a place where our beloved pets might go where they are restored back to their healthy and happy days before they got sick. When I think about my little princess, in between my tears and my wishing I could have her back I think about the possibility of a magical place where she may be now and how she might tell me and her brother Ernie Beagle that she is ok and misses us tooÖÖÖ..
Hey Ernie Beagle,
Itís your sister Berta Beagle. Itís been a month since I had to leave you and Mama. I didnít want to leave, I held on for as long as I could but that Lymphoma thing made me so sick. I am grateful that Mama made the right decision to let me go, I know how hard it was for her. Iím writing to tell you that where I am now I donít have that Lymphoma thing, I got my sight back and Iím a healthy beagle again. I get to run and play, chase lots of squirrels and sniff for mice and chipmunks like I used to do. I bark and howl at everyone and everything like the vocal beagle I was when I was healthy. I can eat all the food I want and I wonít turn into fat beagle. I donít have to steal food like I used to steal your food (sorry about that by the way). I dig all kinds of big holes in the ground and I can bury all kinds of stuff (by the way tell Mama she can find her green pot holder buried under the big oak tree in the back yard that I snuck out of the house last summer). I do really miss you Ernie though. I miss how you licked my ears, chased me around the back yard and helped me open and empty the bottom kitchen cabinets. I miss our great adventures digging under the fence, escaping to follow some animal through the woods until Mama found us and would tell us she wished she had goldfish instead of beagles (the funniest was when we found and got sprayed by that skunk and poor Mama smelled like a skunk for days). I miss our big back yard and the comfy couch in the living room but I miss our Mama most of all. I really miss all the silly names she called me like Berta Bunny, Birdie and baby girl, how she scratched my belly and would tell me Iím the prettiest girl in the world. She was the best beagle Mama in the world. Tell her I love her very much and Iíll always remember everything she did for us. Tell her that I will remember to slow down and not eat my food so fast as well as not to eat the stuffing out of all the comforters I rip holes in. Ernie, you have to take care of her now without me there. Sleep close to her so she doesnít get cold, give her lots of big wet beagle kisses and donít forget to greet her at the door when she comes home from work every day wagging your tail and excited to see her. Stay healthy for as long as you can and donít cause too much trouble (you are a beagle though). Tell her to stop crying, that Iím ok now, I donít hurt anymore and that she did everything she could for me. I will always cherish how she took care of me, hugged and kissed me, told me she loved me and would never forget me every day when I was sick and how she stayed with me up until I fell asleep for the last time when she whispered in my ear good bye baby girl, Mama loves you.
I love you,
Berta Beagle
ErnieBertaBeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2011, 07:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

Well, that was a good cry to start the day. So sorry for your loss. Our little friends do take up such a big place in our hearts.
mysticpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:18 AM   #3 (permalink)

I am in tears reading your little letter. That's so sweet. I am so sorry for your loss. Bless your little girl, she sounded amazing! Beagles are such a different breed from all other dogs and there is never a dull moment when they are around. They hold a tremendous amount of love and place in our lives. I cherish every moment with hudson because I know it just goes too fast. He is 2 already and that has gone in the blink of an eye. RIP Berta beagle.xxx
Beaglebum! is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2011, 02:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

((((((hugs)))))))
8,109 homeless beagles on Petfinder right now. Why are their breeders not stepping up?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Research, All I can do is open new doors for you to explore. Act and buy responsibly, your choice is the future of the breed.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New Vaccine standards!
Miss Bones 2002-2010
brandypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Somthing that has helped me was my necklace. When Bones died, I died. Now she is next to my heart every day. You can create your own picture tag.
Create Custom Dog Tags | Dog Tag Art
8,109 homeless beagles on Petfinder right now. Why are their breeders not stepping up?

Research, All I can do is open new doors for you to explore. Act and buy responsibly, your choice is the future of the breed.

New Vaccine standards!
Miss Bones 2002-2010
brandypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Very sorry for your loss. My two beagle girls mean the world to me and I can't imagine losing them.
williadj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

I'm so sorry for your loss.
ljas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:06 AM   #8 (permalink)

So sorry for your loss. My neighbor lost a Pit Bull to lymphoma last year and now one of her other Pit Bulls (no relation to the first dog) also has lymphoma. I wonder why it's so prevalent lately?
Dawna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement