I'll be Seeing You - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Rainbow Bridge Memorials

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2011, 04:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I'll be Seeing You

(PS- I apologize that my first post on this forum is a letter to my dog)

Dear Junior,

I'm sure if dogs can laugh, you're probably laughing at me, bawling in my office like this. I'm such an ugly crier. Thank goodness no one can see me.

Every owner, I'm sure, when the time comes or the time has come, has said this to their dog, but I do mean it when I say that you are the best dog anyone could have asked for (just don't tell your sister, Sophia--she can be such a _ _ _!). I mean, I thought I was gonna be married off by now, but you've managed to outlast every relationship I've attempted. You've also been there through every triumph, and every heartbreak. Like when I used to compete in a myriad of activities--you (and yes, Sophia) loved me if I finished last...or won. Or, when Dad, Mom, and I were about to lose the house, and fought like crazy just to save it, so you can have a place to live. I love Mom and Dad like crazy, but you (and yes, Sophia) have held us together.

I know many people will find it silly that I'm even writing this to you (first off, you can't even read, pup!), but this is the only way I can get everything out (and you know me, I have to get everything off my chest before I can stop bawling like this). I hope I have given you the life that you deserve. I hope that every moment of your life has been happy, even to the very end. And if I ever yelled unnecessarily (as many of my human friends will tell you), I am terribly, terribly sorry. I'm also sorry that you were unlucky enough to end up with me as your human (hehehe)--I fought for your life, Junior, just as I know you did--I'm sorry we both came up short. Just know that I will gladly pick up your poop one more time, or tell you not to drink from the toilet if it meant I had one more day with you.

So, as I choke back tears because my co-workers might shower me with awws, and I'm sorrys, I must go. Just know that I loved you. And I'd gladly give my life for yours. A thousand times over.

Love,
Fernan

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/eoX6wTAQ9hujjqcMsSP-Dw?feat=directlink
(Junior, as I will always remember him. Healthy, happy, energetic, and always trying to eat off the table!)
fernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2011, 12:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

Hugs Fernan, I totally understand. When I lost my Buddy last year a friend of mine suggested I write stories about my Dog, and it really helped me, I did it in the same way, I wrote to buddy and told him how much he meant to me. They do fill a big place in our hearts, and Hoping your pain will eventually turn to anticipation for when you will meet again. Hugs,
Marcia
YogiYoAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

I'm so sorry! I think about that day often, because they do just fill our hearts with so much love. You'll find alot of support here. I'm sure you gave Junior the best life he could have asked for. He's watching you....and I bet he'd lick your tears if he could. Hugs!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Myfave1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-26-2011, 10:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

(((hugs)))
8,109 homeless beagles on Petfinder right now. Why are their breeders not stepping up?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Research, All I can do is open new doors for you to explore. Act and buy responsibly, your choice is the future of the breed.

New Vaccine standards!
Miss Bones 2002-2010
brandypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thank you all for your responses. I really do wish I'd come to this board sooner, when Junior was still alive, so that I could tell stories of how he and his sister, Sophia, would literally run the household. Saturday morning, before we helped him along on his journey, I promised to Junior (silly, I know) that I'd honor his memory by making sure Sophia had the best life possible, and by giving myself the best life possible. I know it'll be a long time before I remember Junior without wanting to cry each time, but for now, I'll cry and tell myself that at least it's not him crying.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

This seriously made me cry. I am so sorry about your loss! Beagles have that way of grabbing our hearts like no others.

Michelle && Merrilee
Sat9apr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

(((HUGS)))) Very sorry for your loss Fernan. Wow, this brought up so many emotions because I was never a dog lover persay until my husband came home with my Izzy. It wasn't that I didn't like them, more so I was scared of animals. Izzy was supposed to be for my 2 sons and it took all of a day to get me hooked! I guess it was my motherly instinct because I took to being her caregiver, mother, best friend and more. She has given me so much joy and unconditional love. 2 years later, I adopted her sister, a rescue beagle named Sissy. I get so choked up knowing that I will be in your shoes one day and quite frankly, I dread that day something awful. I loved reading your post and what a wonderful tribute!
williadj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

*HUGS to everyone* Williadj, enjoy the time you have with your beagle--and don't even think about the inevitable. In the end, the wonderful memories they give us will help you get through the tough times after you say good-bye.

I swear, he's still here. Our other dog is very sad at times, but there are times when we'll go to a certain spot in the house, or one of their favourite places to go (the dog park here in San Diego), and she'll perk up. And oddly, I'll feel at peace.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

i'm so sorry about your lose i hope you are ok

mote55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

So sorry about your loss. How old was your dog? Was he a Beagle?
Dawna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement