Abbey aka Bebe - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Rainbow Bridge Memorials

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2011, 11:30 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Abbey aka Bebe

My friends Beagle-Boston Terrier mix died yesterday around 5pm. Her name was Abbey or Bebe as they would call her. She was just a month older than my dog Zeppelin, 1 year and 4 months old. They have a field behind their house where Bebe would run and play, but they did have a highway close by as well. Bebe had been hit before, more or less just bumped, nothing broken or hurt. She would not got near the highway again after that, until yesterday. Our guess was that she was chasing a rabbit or bird and didn't realize she was so close to the highway. The car that had hit her, hit her in the head causing blunt trauma to the head. She died instantly. The driver of the car did stop, knock on their door and tell them what happened. She felt horrible. Bebe is also the mother of Zeppelin's puppies. (an accident litter, don't bash me. It happened as soon as they were sexually mature.) I am going over there today to support them. Please keep my friend's family in your thoughts and prayers. We all loved the dog very much!
Attached Thumbnails
Abbey aka Bebe-dscn1338.jpg   Abbey aka Bebe-dscn1337.jpg   Abbey aka Bebe-dscn1333.jpg   Abbey aka Bebe-dscn1334.jpg  

*Shana Jo*
I am a proud owner of two Beagles.
Zeppelin and Zoso
Zeppelin is a 1 year 3 months.
Zoso is 8 weeks old.
We LOVE Led Zeppelin!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ZoZepMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2011, 11:34 AM   #2 (permalink)

Will do! What a sad thing! Hate those highways!
Eliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

they went to the humane society yesterday to see if they could handle getting another dog so soon. they ended up falling in love with a 3 year old yorkie mix.

*Shana Jo*
I am a proud owner of two Beagles.
Zeppelin and Zoso
Zeppelin is a 1 year 3 months.
Zoso is 8 weeks old.
We LOVE Led Zeppelin!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ZoZepMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2011, 10:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

almost never fails
Eliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default Highways

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger on this one. It's not really a highway we live near but a very busy road. It has a long straight stretch so people tend to drive very fast. My little Ginny crossed that street and the car didn't even slow down. I was so angry as I witnessed the whole thing. I had to do a lot what I learned in sunday school over this one. I wanted to hurt that driver as bad as he hurt Ginny. That could have easily been a child but it was my little "child" that suffered the consequences. Still makes me so sad.
ernie'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

This is what I fear when Tucker gets loose. That dog doesn't pay attention to anything at all when he's off-leash so he's just asking to get hit when he goes off running. So far we've been lucky...

ZoZep- So sorry for the loss of Abbey. I hope the new pup can help them cheer up.
---
Tucker McBeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement